FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » trouble with update.php and PHP safe mode
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
trouble with update.php and PHP safe mode [message #6319] Tue, 08 October 2002 10:36 Go to next message
Erunni is currently offline  Erunni   Germany
I have trouble updating FUDforum from version 2.3.0 to 2.3.2. When I manually upload the update.php script into the forum's www root, I get a safe mode enabled error. I unlocked the forum and tried to upload the script with the file manager of the forum. Unfortunately the update script gets lost and never occurs in any directory. I saw my last chance in PhpMyExplorer. But the software cannot access the "forum" directory.

Is it possible my provider has blocked huge uploads to the webserver? They use Apache/1.3.26 and PHP/4.2.1.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Erunni

Re: trouble with update.php and PHP safe mode [message #6325 is a reply to message #6319] Tue, 08 October 2002 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
PHP by default has a file upload limit of 2 megabytes, you can check this limit by viewing output of phpinfo() or doing:
echo ini_get('upload_max_filesize');

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: trouble with update.php and PHP safe mode [message #6345 is a reply to message #6325] Tue, 08 October 2002 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot for the fast reply!

I checked the max_upload_size and indeed it is limited to 2MB. I will contact my provider about that.
Phpinfo also told me that zlib is enabled, so it may be possible to use a compressed upgrade.php script. Do you still provide compressed versions?

Regards,

Erunni
Re: trouble with update.php and PHP safe mode [message #6346 is a reply to message #6345] Tue, 08 October 2002 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You can create them yourself, however by default I provide the non-zlib version. On how to create a zlib version of the install/upgrade script, consult the manual.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: trouble with update.php and PHP safe mode [message #6431 is a reply to message #6346] Thu, 10 October 2002 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I successfully created a compressed upgrade.php script with the cvs sources. The file has a size of around 800kb now, thus I could upload the script easily with FUDforum's filemanager. The trouble starts when I execute the script, the decompression quits with the following error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ' in /www1/webjanssen/mknetz.de/www/forum/upgrade.php on line 1808

It looks as if the file got corrupted during the upload.

Thanks!

Erunni
Re: trouble with update.php and PHP safe mode [message #6436 is a reply to message #6431] Thu, 10 October 2002 16:31 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Looks like it.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: can't run Rebuild Theme:(
Next Topic: mySQL forum errors
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 26 02:55:43 GMT 2024