FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » The Smilies, List of active users (Some minor inconsistencies )
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
The Smilies, List of active users [message #163738] Mon, 29 November 2010 07:58 Go to next message
Atomicrun is currently offline  Atomicrun   Sweden
Editing the list of smilies can be a bit of a challenge. The feeling is like it don't really work. Deleting smilies disrupt the order. A forum consistency check seems to help any edits propagate through. After a second re-order of the smilies, all seems OK. Possibly including a link to the forum consistency check on the page?

Eh -- I have a problem with the lists of active users. I found it difficult to list myself. The forum also seems to mix up my identity, when I have two, one as user and another as forum administrator/admin. Deleting cookies, and using no cookies seems
to help with the identification. My feeling is that the "Hide activities" on the forum is set; and if set on the "admin" it cover also the "user" identity. This is a real super-minor issue, in't it? Possibly my config is in error at some place?
Re: The Smilies, List of active users [message #163744 is a reply to message #163738] Mon, 29 November 2010 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ernesto is currently offline  Ernesto   Sweden
There should be a link at the bottom indicating that you will have to do a forum consistency and maybe rebuild some cache after altering smileys (IE, removing old, replacing with new)

The best way to update old smileys is to simply use the filemanager to replace the old ones with new ones with the same file names. That is the usual method, since rebuilding cache and stuff can take days on a large forum.

The list of active users is on a timer, it refreshes every X minutes (in your admin settings) to reduce work for the server, if you have a lazy forum, it could be nice to increase the time for active users to like 15 minutes, that way it would look like you have more active users browsing the forums.

In most of the forum PHP files there is a little @update that sends info to the cache what you are currently doing, IE, if you are browsing a topic, or viewing the memberlist etc - this gets cached up and then the info is updated every X minutes.

The "I SPY" page (see what people are doing) updates more often, or maybe its even in real time, i dont remember on the top of my head.

Re: The Smilies, List of active users [message #163747 is a reply to message #163744] Mon, 29 November 2010 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
The smiley reordering problem is a bug.
Can you please test this patch for us: http://fudforum.svn.sourceforge.net/fudforum/?rev=5084&view=rev

The second issue is as a result of caching. Most cache settings can be configured from the forum's Global Settings Manager.
Re: The Smilies, List of active users [message #163770 is a reply to message #163747] Tue, 30 November 2010 06:59 Go to previous message
Atomicrun is currently offline  Atomicrun   Sweden
Eh.. press button LIST WITH BULLETS -- I have your excellent Swedish translation here; I don't have the exact name. Mmmm. I just thought that there should be some list of some kind?

• Item Intem
  • Item

• Item Intem
  • Item

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: add-this widget not showing
Next Topic: Misstype in /scripts/fudapi.inc.php
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 19 04:33:14 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02442 seconds