FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Forum deleted - Permissions still there
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Forum deleted - Permissions still there [message #6608] Fri, 18 October 2002 12:08 Go to next message
smike is currently offline  smike   Germany
Quote:

By default FUDforum 2.3 automatically will create a group for every forum that is created. Those groups will carry the same name as the forum with the addition of the 'FORUM:' prefix. These groups cannot be deleted manually and will automatically be removed when the forum is deleted.
FUD-Version 2.3.2
After renaming a category, I deleted a forum inside the Category Management System and noticed that it wasn't removed inside the Groups Manager.
When would the forum permissions deleted exactly? If I delete the forum out of the Orphaned Forums-Menu?
Perhaps a bug?

Thanks, Mike

Re: Forum deleted - Permissions still there [message #6614 is a reply to message #6608] Fri, 18 October 2002 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The forum is never deleted straight off, it is moved to a trash bin of sorts as a security procaution against accidental deletions. If you trully want to remove the forum will all it's data (including groups) then go to 'Deleted Forums' and from there delete the forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Forum deleted - Permissions still there [message #6627 is a reply to message #6614] Fri, 18 October 2002 21:45 Go to previous message
smike is currently offline  smike   Germany
Yes, I knew that the deleted forum would be shifted to a kind of trash bin, but I didn't knew that the permissions are kept.

Perhaps you should add a small note in the documentation.

Thanks, Mike
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: themes and templates
Next Topic: Hidden/Lost Users?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 05 22:27:30 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02797 seconds