FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » "New Account Moderation" Do not work?  () 1 Vote
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
"New Account Moderation" Do not work? [message #14051] Tue, 04 November 2003 18:54 Go to next message
gladiator is currently offline  gladiator   China
It seems new registed account does not need my approval even if I set "New Account Moderation" to "YES" in "Global Settings Manager".

version 2.6.0rc2

[Updated on: Tue, 04 November 2003 18:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "New Account Moderation" Do not work? [message #14062 is a reply to message #14051] Tue, 04 November 2003 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
It works fine in RC3. I've just checked.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: "New Account Moderation" Do not work? [message #14083 is a reply to message #14062] Wed, 05 November 2003 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hmmm, I just checked out the cvs version and then upgraded my forum to the latest version.
But it seems this problem is still there.

With "New Account Moderation" to "YES" and "New Account Notification" to "YES", when a new user registered, I did recieved a Notification letter, but when I click in the approval url, there is no user shown there. And the user just need to do email confirmation to become a real user.

In database record, that new user's acc_status is "A", and users_opt is "4225980", hope this helps.

Any clue? Thanks in advance!

p.s. I did not use PATH_INFO theme.
Re: "New Account Moderation" Do not work? [message #14093 is a reply to message #14083] Wed, 05 November 2003 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brett is currently offline  Brett   Canada
gladiator wrote on Wed, 05 November 2003 00:23

Hmmm, I just checked out the cvs version and then upgraded my forum to the latest version.
But it seems this problem is still there.

With "New Account Moderation" to "YES" and "New Account Notification" to "YES", when a new user registered, I did recieved a Notification letter, but when I click in the approval url, there is no user shown there. And the user just need to do email confirmation to become a real user.

I am running RC3, default theme. With "New Account Moderation" to "YES" and "New Account Notification" to "YES" the new user appeared to be logged in right after registering: the Logout [new user] was visible right after registering.

I switched to another browser to prevent possible cookie or state carryover.
An email was sent to both the moderator and new user. Without responding to either, I tried logging in as the new user. The "ERROR: Your account is not yet confirmed" message was correctly displayed. and the status message changed to "Logout [new user]" at the same time as the error message.

When trying to post a new message however, "Anonymous users aren't allowed to create topics" message was displayed, contradicting the display that the user is logged in.

This problem is unfortunately a show stopper for me. I can't activate the forum for users with this problem.

Brett

Re: "New Account Moderation" Do not work? [message #14094 is a reply to message #14093] Wed, 05 November 2003 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Fixed in CVS.

Replace your register.php.t with the one attached and rebuild the theme.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: "New Account Moderation" Do not work? [message #14097 is a reply to message #14094] Wed, 05 November 2003 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brett is currently offline  Brett   Canada
Ilia wrote on Wed, 05 November 2003 10:52

Fixed in CVS.

Replace your register.php.t with the one attached and rebuild the theme.

Thanks Ilia! as I get more time in the weeks ahead I hope to be able to post patches and not just bug reports and to contribute more helpfully. For now, I'll try to be a good tester.
Brett
Re: "New Account Moderation" Do not work? [message #14140 is a reply to message #14094] Thu, 06 November 2003 02:21 Go to previous message
Ilia wrote on Wed, 05 November 2003 23:52

Fixed in CVS.

GREAT! Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Remaining broken path info links
Next Topic: Well it is a bug ?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 23:53:35 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02720 seconds