FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #25899] Fri, 24 June 2005 12:55 Go to next message
thebugnut is currently offline  thebugnut   Canada
Hi, I made one small change of my cookie settings and now nobody can log in. Not even the admin. is there anything that can be done? HELP!

If anyone can help me ASAP that would be great.
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #25901 is a reply to message #25899] Fri, 24 June 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
First please stop posting the same message in dosen different forums, that'll only get you banned.

As far as the fix, modify GLOBALS.php inside the include directory that contains cookie settings, they login to your via the admin control panel,
http://your_forum_url/adm/ and once logged in rebuild theme via theme manager.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #25904 is a reply to message #25901] Fri, 24 June 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am just in a panic. And I do that because not everyone is in all the diffent sections. there may be someone that can help me whi is in one section and not another.

So if anyone can help me.... please

Also, Can someone send m,e a screenshop of the cookie section of the Admin global settings. Thanks
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #25910 is a reply to message #25904] Fri, 24 June 2005 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I found what I need to fix.... what should be in this part of the coad to make it active?

$COOKIE_PATH = "/hotrodding/fudforums/";
$COOKIE_DOMAIN = "http://www.hotrodding.ca";
$COOKIE_NAME = "fud_session_1118284744";
$COOKIE_TIMEOUT = 900000; /* seconds */
$SESSION_TIMEOUT = 3000; /* seconds */
$SESSION_USE_URL = ???????
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #25915 is a reply to message #25910] Fri, 24 June 2005 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to change then value of the $COOKIE_DOMAIN variable.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon5.gif  Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #26421 is a reply to message #25901] Thu, 21 July 2005 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
janis is currently offline  janis   France
HI

I think I have the same prob then "Admin can't log"
I (and all the users ) have a blank page when I (they )start the fud forum.
I reached the control panel as you explained in ur previous message. But my question is do I loose something by rebuilding the theme...by the way wht is rebouilding the theme...

Thank u so much

Janis from paris Sad
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #26422 is a reply to message #26421] Thu, 21 July 2005 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You don't lose anything by rebuilding the theme, you need to perform the process in order to populate compiled templates with new setting values.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon14.gif  Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #26423 is a reply to message #26422] Thu, 21 July 2005 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
janis is currently offline  janis   France
waw !!!
thanks a lot 4 ur help

Very Happy
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #26435 is a reply to message #25899] Thu, 21 July 2005 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ruzam is currently offline  ruzam   Canada
Newbie, just installed (ver 1.46 2005/06/28). Install went fine, first admin login fine. In fact everything is working well, until I log out. There's no way I can login again.

The index page comes up, but any attempt to login just refreshes the index page. Every link and button on the page just refreshes (S= take on a new value). With or without the 'Use Cookies' checked.

If I go to /adm I can login with the admin usr. I can change and save all settings. I can follow the 'return from admin' link and stay logged in as admin user on the index page. Everything works fine until I log out, then I can't login again.

Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #26440 is a reply to message #26435] Thu, 21 July 2005 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Check if the forum is able to successfuly set a cookie.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #26444 is a reply to message #25899] Thu, 21 July 2005 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, how Embarassed

(Firefox, Apache)
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #26446 is a reply to message #26444] Thu, 21 July 2005 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
If you have the web developer extension enabled you have an option called "View Cookie Information".

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #26452 is a reply to message #26446] Thu, 21 July 2005 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, where there was an expired cookie, which I deleted. I logged into /adm again and made sure Enable URL sessions = yes and Use Session Cookies = no. Back to forum, logout.

Try to login, no reaction. Uncheck 'user cookies', again no action.

Check browser cookies, nothing registered to my site.
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #26455 is a reply to message #26452] Thu, 21 July 2005 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
check yor cookie domain in the admin settings, does it and cookie path correspond to where the forum is installed?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #26457 is a reply to message #25899] Thu, 21 July 2005 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cookie Path: /FUDforum2/
Cookie Domain: mysite.com

The actual URL is: https://forum.mysite.com/FUDforum2/index.php

Apache: Alias /FUDforum2/ /var/www/apps/FUDforum2/

(fudforum WWW Root = /var/www/apps/FUDforum2)
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #26458 is a reply to message #26457] Thu, 21 July 2005 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Change the cookie domain to forum.mysite.com or .mysite.com and then rebuild the theme. Then try the login process again.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #26460 is a reply to message #25899] Thu, 21 July 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tried the cookie name as both forum.mysite.com and .mysite.com. Rebuilt themes between each change. No joy. Same behaviour. Is the SSL messing it up?
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #26462 is a reply to message #26460] Thu, 21 July 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I doubt it, I've ran forum on SSL many times without any such problems. Can you login and see what headers the forum sends back by using "View Response Headers" option.

Have you tried verifying the problem in other browsers?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #26463 is a reply to message #25899] Fri, 22 July 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I havn't tried other browsers (but I have tried different versions of Firefox). I don't appear to have the web developer extension ("View Response Headers" option).

Just to be sure, I cleared ALL the stored cookies in this browser. This fudforum.org forum immediately asked me to accept a cookie. My site did not.

You can check it here https://forum.mazur.ca/FUDforum2/index.php

I created a user 'test' (password 'test').
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #26465 is a reply to message #26463] Fri, 22 July 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The problem is quite simple, go go Web Developer extension Smile

According to the headers the forum tries to set the cookie domain as "https://forum.mazur.ca", which is clearly wrong, the cookie domain should be free of https:// or http:// and just contain the domain.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #26467 is a reply to message #25899] Fri, 22 July 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, that was my last ditch attempt. I've reset it back to just forum.mazur.ca.

At one point I had a cookie in my browser, so somewhere along the way the configuration was working. Hmmm... on the other hand I've also been trying phpNuke and phpBB2 prior to FUDforum using the same domain name, so it might of been one of those apps that created the cookie Confused
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #26469 is a reply to message #26467] Fri, 22 July 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
It looks like you turned on PATH_INFO based theme but your server does not actually support it... Clicking on the different links does nothing.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #26470 is a reply to message #25899] Fri, 22 July 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Embarassed

Well now, that was lengthy discussion over nothing!

I've reset the them back to default. Looks like everything is working fine now Smile

Thanks for your assistance!
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #38542 is a reply to message #25899] Tue, 14 August 2007 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
foryth_genius is currently offline  foryth_genius   United States
Hello I seem to be having a similar problem... I tried to adjust the cookie time out and now, I can not reset it.. I can not access any parts of the admin control panel except global configuation, and even there, It will not allow me to change any settings. I can not access the forums theme. I can get into the them how ever any attempts to rebuild the theme or creat a new one only results in me being logged out... Regardless what Setting or what I try to do, I get logged out. I cant even access the forums and go from one forum to another with out being logged out. If i try to change any settings I get logged out and when i review the setting I just changed, I notice that Fudforums has changed it back to where it was. curently all cooke settings are set to 0 and session cookies are disabled. how ever it will not allow me to change any of it, I can not rebuild the theme or change any settings in side the admin control panel. Is there another way that you are aware of?

Also Im new to all of this, there for, I do not know a whole lot about this type stuff..

Please,, if you are able to do so,,, Please help me.... I made a silly mistake, I know. but live and learn I guess..

Matt
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #38558 is a reply to message #38542] Tue, 14 August 2007 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
You can edit the GLOBALS.php by hand inside the include/ directory and change the cookie settings and domain settings to their previous values. Then you should be able to login.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #38561 is a reply to message #25899] Wed, 15 August 2007 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummm,,, Im looking at globals, and looking at it is all Im able to do because there is no option to edit it. I can delete that theme and use the default theme, how ever, Im not sure if there is a way to switch over to the default theme with out being able to log into the forums. I can log in,,, but it times out intantly and Im un able to do any thing.
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #38564 is a reply to message #25899] Wed, 15 August 2007 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried to edit glogals, but now im getting this error message when ever I try to access the control panel

Please help me,,,, I think Ive made a big mistake some how.. I have no idea what i did wrong...Please help..

Quote:

Warning: require(./GLOBALS.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tglifef/public_html/fudforums/adm/admglobal.php on line 12

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required './GLOBALS.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tglifef/public_html/fudforums/adm/admglobal.php on line 12

Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #38568 is a reply to message #38564] Wed, 15 August 2007 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
That file should be a symlink to the GLOBALS.php inside the include/ directory.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #38574 is a reply to message #38568] Thu, 16 August 2007 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Wed, 15 August 2007 14:29

That file should be a symlink to the GLOBALS.php inside the include/ directory.

thats what is throwing me off... Im not sure I understand what you mean when you say "include/directory"

Ive looked and can not find that...

and as far as the error goes,,, are you saying that there is something missing that goes to globals.php??? let me tell you what i did...

there is no edit options to edit the files. therefore, what I did was, I clicked on globals.php and it opened up to show me its script. I could not open it there. what I did was I copied all of the text and I pasted it into Note Pad and I edited the cookie time out.. than I saved it as globals.php and I uploaded the new file back to the fud forums directory and it I guess it did a over write and it replaced the existing file.. but now, I cant get in period...

Im almost 99.9% positive that I made a terrible mistake some where,, I just hope that it isnt too bad to fix.... and also, I have no idea as to how to fix.

below im showing how my globals.php script now looks.

Quote:

<?php
/**
* copyright : (C) 2001-2006 Advanced Internet Designs Inc.
* email : forum(at)prohost(dot)org
* $Id: GLOBALS.php,v 1.54 2006/09/19 14:37:55 hackie Exp $
* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
* under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the
* Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License.
**/
$INCLUDE = "/home/tglifef/FUDforum/include/";
$WWW_ROOT = "http://www.tglifeforums.com/fudforums/";
$WWW_ROOT_DISK = "/home/tglifef/public_html/fudforums/";
$DATA_DIR = "/home/tglifef/FUDforum/";
$ERROR_PATH = "/home/tglifef/FUDforum/errors/";
$MSG_STORE_DIR = "/home/tglifef/FUDforum/messages/";
$TMP = "/home/tglifef/FUDforum/tmp/";
$FILE_STORE = "/home/tglifef/FUDforum/files/";
$FORUM_SETTINGS_PATH = "/home/tglifef/FUDforum/cache/";
$FUD_OPT_1 = 1739519135;
$FUD_OPT_2 = 1777843455;
$FUD_OPT_3 = 877684;
$CUSTOM_AVATAR_MAX_SIZE = 75000; /* bytes */
$CUSTOM_AVATAR_MAX_DIM = "200x250"; /* width x height (pixels) */
$COOKIE_PATH = "/fudforums/";
$COOKIE_DOMAIN = ".tglifeforums.com";
$COOKIE_NAME = "fud_session_1175844621";
$COOKIE_TIMEOUT = 2500; /* seconds */
$SESSION_TIMEOUT = 2500; /* seconds */
$DBHOST = "";
$DBHOST_USER = "tglifef";
$DBHOST_PASSWORD = "19811981";
$DBHOST_DBNAME = "tglifef_prodforum";
$DBHOST_TBL_PREFIX = "fud26_"; /* do not modify this */
$DBHOST_DBTYPE = "";
$FUD_SMTP_SERVER = "";
$FUD_SMTP_PORT = 25;
$FUD_SMTP_TIMEOUT = 10; /* seconds */
$FUD_SMTP_LOGIN = "";
$FUD_SMTP_PASS = "";
$ADMIN_EMAIL = "Administrator(at)tglifeforums(dot)com";
$PRIVATE_ATTACHMENTS = 5; /* int */
$PRIVATE_ATTACH_SIZE = 1000000; /* bytes */
$MAX_PMSG_FLDR_SIZE = 300000; /* bytes */
$FORUM_IMG_CNT_SIG = 2; /* int */
$FORUM_SIG_ML = 300; /* int */
$UNCONF_USER_EXPIRY = 30; /* days */
$MOVED_THR_PTR_EXPIRY = 7; /* days */
$MAX_SMILIES_SHOWN = 40; /* int */
$DISABLED_REASON = "We're sorry, but the New Tg Life Forums is not yet complete. Please check back with us soon. ";
$POSTS_PER_PAGE = 40;
$THREADS_PER_PAGE = 40;
$WORD_WRAP = 60;
$NOTIFY_FROM = "Administrator(at)tglifeforums(dot)com"; /* email */
$ANON_NICK = "Anonymous_User";
$FLOOD_CHECK_TIME = 30; /* seconds */
$SERVER_TZ = "America/Montreal"; /* timezone code from tz.inc */
$SEARCH_CACHE_EXPIRY = 172800; /* seconds */
$MEMBERS_PER_PAGE = 40;
$POLLS_PER_PAGE = 40;
$THREAD_MSG_PAGER = 5;
$GENERAL_PAGER_COUNT = 15;
$EDIT_TIME_LIMIT = 0;
$LOGEDIN_TIMEOUT = 10080; /* minutes */
$MAX_IMAGE_COUNT = 10;
$STATS_CACHE_AGE = 600; /* seconds */
$FORUM_TITLE = "Tg Life Forums";
$MAX_LOGIN_SHOW = 25;
$MAX_LOCATION_SHOW = 25;
$SHOW_N_MODS = 10;
$TREE_THREADS_MAX_DEPTH = 15;
$TREE_THREADS_MAX_SUBJ_LEN = 75;
$REG_TIME_LIMIT = -1; /* seconds */
$POST_ICONS_PER_ROW = 9; /* int */
$MAX_LOGGEDIN_USERS = 100; /* int */
$PHP_COMPRESSION_LEVEL = 9; /* int 1-9 */
$MNAV_MAX_DATE = 31; /* days */
$MNAV_MAX_LEN = 256; /* characters */
$RDF_MAX_N_RESULTS = 100; /* int */
$RDF_AUTH_ID = 0; /* 0 - treat as anon user, >0 treat like specific forum user */
$PDF_PAGE = "letter"; /* string */
$PDF_WMARGIN = 15; /* int */
$PDF_HMARGIN = 15; /* int */
$PDF_MAX_CPU = 60; /* seconds */
$FUD_WHOIS_SERVER = "ws.arin.net";
$RDF_CACHE_AGE = 600;
$MIN_TIME_BETWEEN_LOGIN = 10; /* seconds */
/* DO NOT EDIT FILE BEYOND THIS POINT UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING */
require($INCLUDE.'core.inc');

[Updated on: Thu, 16 August 2007 06:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #38584 is a reply to message #38574] Thu, 16 August 2007 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The include directory I am referring to is:
/home/tglifef/FUDforum/include/

the GLOBALS.php "files" inside

/home/tglifef/public_html/fudforums and /home/tglifef/public_html/fudforums/adm should be symlinks to this file.

The GLOBALS.php you've pasted looks to be ok.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #38612 is a reply to message #25899] Sun, 19 August 2007 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The forums is opening up. but the color is all wrong, there is no theme or any thing. and when I try to log in I keep getting this error... but I have no idea what it means...Ive checked and there dosent seem to be any missing files or any thing...

I wish there was a way to re do the whole forum with out loosing any post or our members. I mean basically do a restore.. I dunno.. I have no idea how to fix this.... and I really dont know how to ask anyone else to help cause, I dont know what the problem is therefore I dont know how to explain to anyone what the problem is...

May I ask,, is there anyone that can help? perhaps I can go into our servers and assign a temperary username and password so you can have access to the files and than maybe you can better see what Im trying to explain..

Please help
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #38622 is a reply to message #38612] Sun, 19 August 2007 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
You can try running the upgrade script, but before you do make sure that the domain settings are correct inside GLOBALS.php

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #38715 is a reply to message #25899] Thu, 23 August 2007 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok thank you.... that idea helped a huge amount.. the site is back online...and our members can once again post. and so can the administrators and admins.

But there still remains one problem.. the admins can not access the adminitrator control panel..

when ever we try to access the control panel, we now get this error

Quote:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster(at)tglifeforums(dot)com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.tglifeforums.com Port 80
Re: Admin Can't Lgin - HELP ASAP [message #38716 is a reply to message #38715] Thu, 23 August 2007 13:35 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Once you login, to the site, can you try and going to

adm/admglobal.php

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Sendmail user issues when piping to maillist.php
Next Topic: error when i hit save in the template editor, regardless if i change anything or not
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 19 01:17:08 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02789 seconds