FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Error with right to change messages
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon9.gif  Error with right to change messages [message #4418] Fri, 26 July 2002 08:13 Go to next message
HS-78 is currently offline  HS-78   Germany
Hi,

I have a moderated forum here. It works good, but the problem ist that registered users can change their posts after the moderator has watched them. So this is a big problem because the following can happen:

1) registered user post a message with no harmfull content

2) moderator reads it and gives his ok

3) post appears in the forum

4) now the user can change the content to anything he wants without limitations

I have set the rights for registered users in the group manager this way that editing is not allowed, but this seems to have no effect at all!!!

So, is it my fault that I have forgot something or is it an error??

CU, HS.

I'm using Fud Forum Version 2.2.3

[Updated on: Fri, 26 July 2002 08:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Error with right to change messages [message #4421 is a reply to message #4418] Fri, 26 July 2002 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Few things, the editing permission is a setting that allows or disallows users to edit messages of other users.
There is a global admin option "Edit Time Limit", if you set its value to 1, people will no longer be able to edit messages.

I'll look into handling of editing in moderated forums, which would involve the admin having to approve the message after it has been edited.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Error with right to change messages [message #4423 is a reply to message #4418] Fri, 26 July 2002 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HS-78 is currently offline  HS-78   Germany
Aha, ok, now it works more like I want. Thank you.

But one question, I do see no sense in the option that users can edit messages of other users. So for what is it?? (except moderators of course, but that's a different story as they can edit messages anyway)

Cu, HS.
Re: Error with right to change messages [message #4427 is a reply to message #4423] Fri, 26 July 2002 14:35 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The edit option allows you to crate sub-moderators, essentially users who can perform certain administrative tasks, but are no full plegged moderators who can remove, approve and messages as well perform a variety of other tasks.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: SQL Error Deleting User
Next Topic: save_session not accepting args
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 06 03:14:53 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02626 seconds