FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » New polls has old WWW Root
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
New polls has old WWW Root [message #5384] Fri, 30 August 2002 22:29 Go to next message
perfunctory_masturbation is currently offline  perfunctory_masturbation   United States
I changed the WWW Root from where it was installed and then rebuilt the theme and everything seem to work find expect when I try to vote on a poll. The source show that the form action has the old WWW Root tacked on to the front of index.php or is this from so other setting that I'm missing.

Well just the old directory is tacked on the the front ( /love/ to be exact) and the forum is actually under that directory but I used some apache magic to make it look like it is under the root directory. Like I said everything seems to work execpt voting on polls.

[Updated on: Fri, 30 August 2002 23:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New polls has old WWW Root [message #5431 is a reply to message #5384] Tue, 03 September 2002 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Very unsual, I checked the code and the 'action' field of the form that allows voting on poll is determined from the URL you are currently on. Hence, it should work flawlesly, i'll check the code some more but, quite frankly I am buffled as to why it would not work.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: New polls has old WWW Root [message #5464 is a reply to message #5431] Tue, 03 September 2002 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
perfunctory_masturbation is currently offline  perfunctory_masturbation   United States
Well I tried to go through the php myself but then it became clear to me that I really don't know php at all. I was able to do this

cd love
mkdir love
cd love
ln -s ../index.php index.php

and now voting works. This might have come about because of my apache rewrite rules that no sane person would most probably not even conceive of. Oh well, one good hack deserves another. Razz
Re: New polls has old WWW Root [message #5469 is a reply to message #5464] Tue, 03 September 2002 19:58 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Allrighty, I'll then assume that the cause of the problem was not the forum, but something with your config, since I am still unable to replicate the problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: id is no value in Private Messaging view page
Next Topic: reply to a reply
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 26 07:04:43 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02517 seconds