FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » Postings - need to turn off posting count for one user
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Postings - need to turn off posting count for one user [message #11985] Thu, 24 July 2003 16:57 Go to next message
Captain Blood is currently offline  Captain Blood   United States
Hello,

I'm looking to turn off the posting count for one specific person on our forum - when you post a response to a thread, there's a good amount of information that accompanies your post - name, avatar, post count.... for one person only (me) I want to make the count disappear....

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer

Captain Blood
http://www.thebigtoe.com/forum
Re: Postings - need to turn off posting count for one user [message #11989 is a reply to message #11985] Thu, 24 July 2003 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Modify the drawmsg.tmpl template file.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Postings - need to turn off posting count for one user [message #12025 is a reply to message #11989] Fri, 25 July 2003 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Captain Blood is currently offline  Captain Blood   United States
Thanks for the feedback... very much a newby to this all - I understand html, but am working to pick this up... What I wish to do is to omit the "posting count" for a moderator - I'm going to assign a special ranking level to that person and hide the number of posts.

in the drawmsg.tmpl the most likely file appears to bed msg_user_posts

which reads: {MSG: posts_c} {VAR: obj->posted_msg_count}<br />

based on my limited knowledge of the programming, I understand the variable that is being applied here. Should I be modifying another aspect of the file?

I'm assuming that if I modify the template, that it will impact all of the users... Should I assign a new modified template to the specific user that I wish to omit a post count for?

[Updated on: Fri, 25 July 2003 01:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Postings - need to turn off posting count for one user [message #12028 is a reply to message #12025] Fri, 25 July 2003 01:47 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Aha I see, I slightly misunderstood your request. First of all you are correct, modifying the template will affect all users. To disable showing of the post count for a particular user you actually need to edit drawmsg.php.t (php source code) and add a condition to exclude certain data for that user.

For example:
<?php
if ($obj->user_id == 123) {
/* do or not do something */
} else {
/* rest of users */
}
?>

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: 2.5.0 RCx - Atomic theme rebuilds
Next Topic: how can i build a page with fudforum's header and footer?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 07:00:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02542 seconds