FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » 2.5.2 dump and re-import problem
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
2.5.2 dump and re-import problem [message #12399] Wed, 06 August 2003 21:39 Go to next message
rockvilleguy is currently offline  rockvilleguy   United States
I'm migrating my forums to a new server. I upgraded my existing forum to 2.5.2 and then did a data dump of it's data. Then I installed 2.5.2 on the new system and tried to do a data import. However all I get is a wait and then the following error:

(db.inc) 1146: Table 'FUDforum.pg_class' doesn't exist
Query: SELECT a.attname FROM pg_class c, pg_attribute a WHERE c.relname = 'fud25_action_log' AND a.attnum > 0 AND a.attrelid = c.oid AND a.attname='id'
Server Version: 4.0.11a-gamma
[Referring Page] http://myhostname.com/adm/admimport.php?rid=19&S=901fcd4ba1c78e88545aa0 2fd23952c8

It does this every time. Help?

Re: 2.5.2 dump and re-import problem [message #12400 is a reply to message #12399] Wed, 06 August 2003 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
It appears that the import script mis-identified your database type and is thinking it's PostgreSQL. I'll go over the code and see why this may have happened. Did your original forum use PostgreSQL?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 2.5.2 dump and re-import problem [message #12405 is a reply to message #12400] Wed, 06 August 2003 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope, MySQL all the way on both of them. Thanks for looking into it, I can't migrate to my new system until I can get the forums in.
Re: 2.5.2 dump and re-import problem [message #12407 is a reply to message #12405] Thu, 07 August 2003 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I've checked the code and the only way I can see this happening if you've setup your new forum to use PostgreSQL. the __dbtype__ constant that is used is defined inside db.inc and is NEVER redifined in the script. Which means that the db.inc you are using is the one from PostgreSQL.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 2.5.2 dump and re-import problem [message #12418 is a reply to message #12407] Thu, 07 August 2003 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I uninstalled my new installation of 2.5.2 and re-installed paying very close attention to the DB settings. On the first page it says MySQL is enabled and PostgreSQL is disabled. I assume that means it will use MySQL since there's no other selector for DB type that I saw. The installation went fine and the test forum that gets created seems to work okay. I can post and browse and all that.

Then I try to do the data import from the old forum and get exactly the same error I did before. So I went into the forums data directory and moved the sql/pgsql directory to pgsql_old so the import code wouldn't use it. When I tried to then import the data again the process completed almost instantly. I logged into the forum and saw that the old forums forums were there with all of the relevant stats but there was no messages or contents in any of them.

So I guess you must be right about it getting mixed up with the pgSQL stuff but I don't know why that is since neither of my Linux boxes have ever even had PostgreSQL installed let alone configured.

Any more tips? Is it possible for me to verify that I have a valid and complete MySQL data dump from my old forum?

[Updated on: Thu, 07 August 2003 13:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 2.5.2 dump and re-import problem [message #12422 is a reply to message #12399] Thu, 07 August 2003 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay this is weird. I exported data again from my old forums after running a consistency check there and still got the same error trying to import on my new system. However, it takes a long time for the error to show (maybe 2 minutes) and my system was working during that time.

When I went back to the forum my old categories were imported with the correct statistics, but no messages or other data. But I ran a consistency check just for kicks on the new forum and boom, all (or at least it looks like all) of the data is there in the threads. So I got the same error on import, but it looks like it's okay after I ran the check... is it safe to proceed like this or will I be missing something critical?
Re: 2.5.2 dump and re-import problem [message #12432 is a reply to message #12422] Thu, 07 August 2003 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Could you please send me the db.inc from your include/theme/default/ directory.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 2.5.2 dump and re-import problem [message #12433 is a reply to message #12432] Thu, 07 August 2003 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From the new one or the old one?
Re: 2.5.2 dump and re-import problem [message #12434 is a reply to message #12433] Thu, 07 August 2003 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
From the forum you were importing the data to (destination forum).

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 2.5.2 dump and re-import problem [message #12435 is a reply to message #12434] Thu, 07 August 2003 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
And the original as well Smile

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 2.5.2 dump and re-import problem [message #12723 is a reply to message #12435] Tue, 26 August 2003 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andy_scouser is currently offline  andy_scouser   United Kingdom
Hi there,

getting the same, after doing the same !
But, also, it does appear everything has imported correctly.

Do you want me to send any logs to assist you prottos.

(admimport.php) 1146: Table 'forum.pg_class' doesn't exist
Query: SELECT a.attname FROM pg_class c, pg_attribute a WHERE c.relname = 'fud25_action_log' AND a.attnum > 0 AND a.attrelid = c.oid AND a.attname='id'
Server Version: 4.0.13-max-log

[Updated on: Tue, 26 August 2003 18:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 2.5.2 dump and re-import problem [message #12783 is a reply to message #12723] Sun, 31 August 2003 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Hmm it would appear the import got confused and thinks you are using PostgreSQL instead of MySQL which you are using. I'll need to see why this may of happened. As long as your forum works you should be ok however.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 2.5.2 dump and re-import problem [message #12879 is a reply to message #12399] Tue, 16 September 2003 15:18 Go to previous message
chrwei is currently offline  chrwei   United States
i'm also having this problem.

Old server was php4.2.3, mysql and pg support, using MySql or FUD
New server is php 4.3.3, no pg support, using MySQl for FUD

The forum so far seems to mostly work, but several settings in global config were not restored.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Could the Developers give us an EXPANDED installer? :)
Next Topic: install problem - on line 354
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 04 03:07:13 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02973 seconds