FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » can't disable public stats
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
can't disable public stats [message #12633] Tue, 19 August 2003 07:47 Go to next message
tufan is currently offline  tufan   Turkey
Hi,

Searched forum but couldn't find anything. My problem is:

Although i disable public stats from the admin control panel, "total time taken to generate the page" message doesn't disappear.

Recently upgraded to 2.5.2, but even upgrading doesn't seem to have solved this little problem.

Is there a litltle bug, or am I missing something?

By the way, the small explanations for pdf and rdf in the admin control panel seem to be wrong (rdf explanation is below pdf link setting, and vice versa). It's a small thing, but i couldn't help reporting Smile

C ya.

http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affiliates/Buttons/firefox2/firefox-spread-btn-1.png
Re: can't disable public stats [message #12636 is a reply to message #12633] Tue, 19 August 2003 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
That because you are testing the option with an admin account, the admin account will ALWAYS see the page generation statistics. Only the non-admin accounts are affected by the setting.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: can't disable public stats [message #12645 is a reply to message #12636] Tue, 19 August 2003 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
esm2002 is currently offline  esm2002   United States
as many times as I have read this question ( yep, I asked it too ) I'm sure you must have the answer saved somewhere so you can cut and paste it.

maybe it needs to be changed so they don't show. Or have a separate flag for the admin ( yep, not a good idea ).

I like the way it is now.

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Re: can't disable public stats [message #12647 is a reply to message #12645] Tue, 19 August 2003 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I don't see a reason to add a seperate option for the admin. The text is hardly intrusive.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: can't disable public stats [message #12649 is a reply to message #12647] Tue, 19 August 2003 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
esm2002 is currently offline  esm2002   United States
prottoss wrote on Tue, 19 August 2003 17:17

I don't see a reason to add a seperate option for the admin. The text is hardly intrusive.

that is why I said "yep, not a good idea." folks are just trying to test the option to see if they are gone and yet, there they are. they just think it is a bug

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Ynt: Re: can't disable public stats [message #12656 is a reply to message #12645] Thu, 21 August 2003 06:41 Go to previous message
tufan is currently offline  tufan   Turkey
Hi,

First, i searched the forum before asking my question, (and after I read your mail Smile ), a "public stat", "public stats", or "public statistics" query returns no result. Somebody must have asked the question avoiding these words? Perhaps they did Smile

Second, I may not remember well, but I haven't come across this problem before. As much as I remember, I always used the admin account for such a testing, because I have no other account Smile I hadn't upgraded the site for a very long time, somebody else had.

Anyway, thanks for the help, and sorry for keeping you busy Smile

http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affiliates/Buttons/firefox2/firefox-spread-btn-1.png
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: show pdf error:(
Next Topic: Possible bug...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 01:12:02 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02305 seconds