FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » install.php does nothing
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
install.php does nothing [message #12856] Sun, 14 September 2003 09:56 Go to next message
kala123 is currently offline  kala123   China
i use the same install.php to install on my own pc and the ISP's server,install.php works well on my PC,but it say cannot find server on ISP'server, but i can open readme.txt under the same folder, php & mysql is ok.

i write a test.php which content is
<?php
phpinfo();
?>
result is :Warning: phpinfo() has been disabled for security reasons in /z1/kevin8e/public_html/forum/test.php on line 2

why run install.php saying cannot find server?

any help,thanks!

[Updated on: Sun, 14 September 2003 11:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: install.php does nothing [message #12909 is a reply to message #12856] Thu, 18 September 2003 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
On which page of the installer do you get this error ?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: install.php does nothing [message #13031 is a reply to message #12909] Fri, 19 September 2003 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on first page, when input url of install.php, i can see nothing,so maybe istall.php detect something wrong ,because this script run good on my PC
Re: install.php does nothing [message #13100 is a reply to message #13031] Mon, 22 September 2003 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Sounds like the install.php you got is corrupt.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: install.php does nothing [message #13144 is a reply to message #12856] Tue, 23 September 2003 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
twerp is currently offline  twerp   United Kingdom
I would be interested to know what CORRUPT is all about and WHY it happens... MY guess as a novice would be that the INSTALL.php is NOT happy with MAY of the hosted space managers NOT allowing shell access ....like NOT letting us RUN an installer!!!!!!!

Can I get the LOOSE files from CVS??

THANKS...it's awesome though we can't use it on our servers as we can't install the installer!!!!

thanks

Re: install.php does nothing [message #13216 is a reply to message #13144] Thu, 25 September 2003 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, I use the same install.php on my PC ,it works well,so i think it is not the problem of install.php,but the restrict of the install.php's functions. i build apache+php+mysql on my PC again,using default parameters, the install.php work fine,but why it cannot work on my ISP'space,Ie get a error of "cannot find server",why?
Re: install.php does nothing [message #13218 is a reply to message #13216] Thu, 25 September 2003 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Hmm can you see which PHP functions were disabled by your ISP?

If you could tell me which ones where I could see if FUDforum can avoid using them or find other solutions.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: install.php does nothing [message #13222 is a reply to message #13218] Thu, 25 September 2003 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for ur reply
here are 3 Disabled Functions: phpinfo,phpversion,system

Relavent PHP Settings:
Safe Mode: OFF
Open basedir: none
Display Errors: ON
File Uploads: ON
Magic Quotes: ON
Register Globals: ON
Output Buffering: OFF
Disabled Functions: phpinfo,phpversion,system
PSpell Support: No

and how can i avoid this problem and install FUD on such ISP'server,thnx!

[Updated on: Thu, 25 September 2003 14:42]

Re: install.php does nothing [message #13223 is a reply to message #13216] Thu, 25 September 2003 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
another problem can u help me?

when i installed FUD on my PC,and i change the timezone to Asia/chungking in Admin panel,but when i submit a new message time is still 8 hrs earlier,
BTW,i m in china ,Time zone 8

thx
Re: install.php does nothing [message #13227 is a reply to message #13223] Thu, 25 September 2003 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The latest RC (2.5.3RC3) no longer depends on the phpversion() function and phpinfo() is not used by FUDforum at all.

I am not sure about usage of the system() command but I'll check, iirc it is not used anywhere during install or normal forum operations.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: install.php does nothing [message #13228 is a reply to message #13223] Thu, 25 September 2003 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
kala123 wrote on Thu, 25 September 2003 10:39

another problem can u help me?

when i installed FUD on my PC,and i change the timezone to Asia/chungking in Admin panel,but when i submit a new message time is still 8 hrs earlier,
BTW,i m in china ,Time zone 8

thx

It is possible that your server does not allow timezone changes or does not support that particular timezone. Try chaging the timezone to other regions in your vacinity.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: install.php does nothing [message #13239 is a reply to message #13228] Fri, 26 September 2003 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks Ilia's hard work,i can install FUD on my ISP'server now,but a terrible message comes:
Your php version (4.1.2) is older then the minimum required version (4.2.0). Please install the newer version and try again.

I think this is the problem of my ISP,but can i suggest he to change php version successfully,i donnt know,because he has many virtual host on his server,he could not change this for me only,except he also find some problem with his low version's php.

can u help me again? Laughing
thnx again.
Re: install.php does nothing [message #13251 is a reply to message #13239] Fri, 26 September 2003 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
FUDforum 2.5.0+ can only be installed on PHP 4.2.0+ or greater, if you are using an older version then try installing FUDforum 2.3.9RC1. Then upgrade to 2.5.0+ when your ISP upgrades their PHP install.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: install.php does nothing [message #13255 is a reply to message #13239] Fri, 26 September 2003 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thx!
i downlaod 2.3.9 and go to step 2
get error :
WARNING: Couldn't connect to support.xxx.net on port 80
Socket Error #: 13
Socket Error Reason: Permission denied
but i can install other script on this url,what should i do next,
thx!

Re: install.php does nothing [message #13260 is a reply to message #13255] Fri, 26 September 2003 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Inside the install script there is a small piece of code responsible for checking the URL supplied by you. It uses fsockopen() comment out that entire bit of code and try again.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: install.php does nothing [message #13272 is a reply to message #13255] Sat, 27 September 2003 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thank u first.....
i still have 2 questions:
1. can i comment out some function in V2.3.9,does this version not check checksum of MD5?

2. the install.php detected the path info is :
Server Root: /u/support.8-e.net/
Forum Data Root: /z1/kevin8e/public_html/support/forum/

i stored install.php in /z1/kevin8e/public_html/support/
is this correct?

thnx!
Re: install.php does nothing [message #13276 is a reply to message #13272] Sat, 27 September 2003 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You can comment out the md5sum check, but without that check you are likely to have a corrupt archive. Remember the md5sum check only checks the validity of the compressed data, if you modify the source code of the installer that portion of the installer should remain the same.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: install.php does nothing [message #13277 is a reply to message #13276] Sat, 27 September 2003 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have tried serveral time to modify the below script ,
i removed ! from "if( !($fs = fsockopen($url_data['host'], $url_data['port']" ,so it can go to else,but i got this:
Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /z1/kevin8e/public_html/forum/install.php on line 482

so i remove all portion of if ,but it cannot work.

here is :
if( !($fs = fsockopen($url_data['host'], $url_data['port'], $errno, $errstr, 10)) ) {
echo "<br>\nWARNING: Couldn't connect to ".$url_data['host']." on port ".$url_data['port']."<br>\nSocket Error #: $errno<br>Socket Error Reason: $errstr<br>\n";
@unlink($SERVER_ROOT.'WWW_ROOT_CHECK');
}
else {
fwrite($fs, "GET ".$url_data['path']."WWW_ROOT_CHECK HTTP/1.0\r\nHost: ".$url_data['host']."\r\n\r\n");
if( function_exists("socket_set_timeout") ) @socket_set_timeout($fs, 10);
$ret_code = fgets($fs, 1024);
fclose($fs);
@unlink($SERVER_ROOT.'WWW_ROOT_CHECK');

if( !strstr($ret_code, "200") )
seterr('WWW_ROOT', 'Your WWW_ROOT does not correspond with the SERVER_ROOT path you have specified. (unable to retrive: '.$WWW_ROOT.'WWW_ROOT_CHECK, on disk as: '.$SERVER_ROOT.'WWW_ROOT_CHECK, received: '.$ret_code);
}
what should i uncommented?

BTW,I have the same problem on my PC,but the third time i installed successfully.
thank U!

[Updated on: Sat, 27 September 2003 05:25]

Re: install.php does nothing [message #13278 is a reply to message #13277] Sat, 27 September 2003 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have removed if & else of above,it works now! but MD5check cannot pass ,so i remove
if( md5($data) != $checksum ) {
exit("Archive did pass checksum test, CORRUPT ARCHIVE!<br>\nIf you've encountered this error it means that you've:<br>\n&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;downloaded a corrupt archive<br>\n&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;uploaded the archive in ASCII and not BINARY mode<br>\n&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;your FTP Server/Decompression software/Operating System added un-needed cartrige return ('\r') characters to the archive, resulting in archive corruption.<br>\n");
}

too,but got this message:
ERROR: file show_posts.gif not read properly from archive

thx!
Re: install.php does nothing [message #13281 is a reply to message #13278] Sat, 27 September 2003 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My ISP have told me he will never update php to current version,so i have only one way to go,uncomment some line of Fudforum 2.3.9, let it can pass check & run on my ISP's server,It is not a way to modify FUD for me .so i will spend the whole 7 days of our National day to read script of FUD carefully to do some modify later.
Re: install.php does nothing [message #13289 is a reply to message #13281] Sun, 28 September 2003 19:18 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
I think your modification problems stem from 1 thing. The editor you are using changes line endings from \n to \r\n, which invalidates the archive. Make sure the editor that you are using does not do this.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: private messaging in 2.3.8
Next Topic: cache/.htaccess for write
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 15:47:06 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02873 seconds