FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Disable Tree View
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Disable Tree View [message #13814] Tue, 28 October 2003 06:13 Go to next message
JamesPicard_007 is currently offline  JamesPicard_007   United States
I think it'd be nice to be able to disable the tree view option. Most people I know never use it and personally since I don't need/want it I don't like having that button there. I know I could just hack it out, but right now I'm not very knowledgeable in the field of PHP. :/
Re: Disable Tree View [message #13817 is a reply to message #13814] Tue, 28 October 2003 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gady is currently offline  Gady   Canada
To be honest, tree view is one of the serious reasons why I still opting with FUDforum, though it doesn't integrate with CMS (portals). Of course there're plenty of other great features in it, but to use FUDforum just for flat view- it's overkill, IMHO.

Re: Disable Tree View [message #13821 is a reply to message #13817] Tue, 28 October 2003 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You cannot disable to individual topic tree view via some option. However, you can simply modify msg.tmpl and remove the 'tree view' button. This is very easy to do and will take <1 minute of actual work.

Quote:

FUDforum, though it doesn't integrate with CMS

No longer true Wink, FUDforum now works with eGroupWare, but unfortunately much slower then FUDforum proper due to expensive eGW user init and some other things.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Disable Tree View [message #13823 is a reply to message #13821] Tue, 28 October 2003 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Tue, 28 October 2003 07:30

Quote:

FUDforum, though it doesn't integrate with CMS

No longer true Wink, FUDforum now works with eGroupWare, but unfortunately much slower then FUDforum proper due to expensive eGW user init and some other things.

Good news!

So now we can talk about next steps? I'm still voting for Xaraya. Smile It should be difficult for you.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 October 2003 16:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Disable Tree View [message #13824 is a reply to message #13823] Tue, 28 October 2003 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I am still finishing up eGroupWare support, the intergration there is pretty extensive and few things are yet to be done. After doing it, quite frankly I am not to keep on repeating the experience. If I do decide to do it again the app of choice would probably be the one with the most userbase.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Disable Tree View [message #13825 is a reply to message #13821] Tue, 28 October 2003 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AzaToth is currently offline  AzaToth   Sweden

Den tis, 28 oktober 2003 16:30 skrev Ilia:

You cannot disable to individual topic tree view via some option. However, you can simply modify msg.tmpl and remove the 'tree view' button. This is very easy to do and will take <1 minute of actual work.

can't you make an option to set display: none on the button?
Re: Disable Tree View [message #13843 is a reply to message #13821] Wed, 29 October 2003 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JamesPicard_007 is currently offline  JamesPicard_007   United States
Ilia wrote on Tue, 28 October 2003 10:30

However, you can simply modify msg.tmpl and remove the 'tree view' button. This is very easy to do and will take <1 minute of actual work.

Alright. I'll be sure to do that.

Quote:

but to use FUDforum just for flat view- it's overkill, IMHO.

Tree View is something I don't see many people I know use. I don't use it myself either so I just feel that since I don't need/want it I can't just take out the button.
Re: Disable Tree View [message #13845 is a reply to message #13825] Wed, 29 October 2003 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
AzaToth wrote on Tue, 28 October 2003 12:10

Den tis, 28 oktober 2003 16:30 skrev Ilia:

can't you make an option to set display: none on the button?

It is actually a little more complex then that, because the feature also needs to be removed from the profile options and the actual tree view needs to be disabled to prevent direct links access.

I will consider adding an option to do exactly that.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Disable Tree View [message #13850 is a reply to message #13843] Wed, 29 October 2003 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JamesPicard_007 wrote on Tue, 28 October 2003 19:38

Quote:

but to use FUDforum just for flat view- it's overkill, IMHO.

Tree View is something I don't see many people I know use. I don't use it myself either so I just feel that since I don't need/want it I can't just take out the button.

And how you manage to figure out which post is a reply to which?
To me it's just a big mess - to read a significant number of posts using flat view.

Re: Disable Tree View [message #13851 is a reply to message #13850] Wed, 29 October 2003 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Quote tag helps quite a bit Smile.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Disable Tree View [message #13852 is a reply to message #13851] Wed, 29 October 2003 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure, if people would use it Smile
But if they won't as I do with this post, how one can understand what I'm talking about? Wink

Re: Disable Tree View [message #13853 is a reply to message #13852] Wed, 29 October 2003 19:14 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Usually, it is possible to tell from the context of the message. However, if you read the thread after a long period it may be somewhat confusing... It most cases it is not a problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Button arrangement
Next Topic: Maximum smileys
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Jun 07 18:35:56 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02420 seconds