FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Remaining broken path info links
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Remaining broken path info links [message #14108] Wed, 05 November 2003 19:47 Go to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hello,
I've just found some more broken links with path info, that survived the transition from RC2 to RC3

affected is the members form:
"Post Count"
http://myserver.com/index.php/ml/1/0///6/

"Join Date"
http://myserver.com/index.php/ml/3/0///6/

I noticed something else with RC3. Apparently it turns off FUD code in signatures as default behaviour. That's ok, if there was a switch to restore the old behaviour (using it in signatures). Unfortunately I can't find such a switch in the admin panel. is there a way to turn it on again?

If it's not intended then it got broken as of RC3 because before updating FUD code worked in signatures.

Olliver

[Updated on: Wed, 05 November 2003 19:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Remaining broken path info links [message #14110 is a reply to message #14108] Wed, 05 November 2003 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Olliver wrote on Wed, 05 November 2003 14:47

I noticed something else with RC3. Apparently it turns off FUD code in signatures as default behaviour. That's ok, if there was a switch to restore the old behaviour (using it in signatures). Unfortunately I can't find such a switch in the admin panel. is there a way to turn it on again?

If it's not intended then it got broken as of RC3 because before updating FUD code worked in signatures.

It is not intended, I am very surprised it happened when upgrading from RC2 to RC3. If it could've happened it would've happend when upgrading to 2.6.0 for the 1st time. I'll take a look @ the problem (if I can replicate it).

You can re-enable FUDcode by changing the value of the "Tag Style" option under the Signature Settings sub-heading on admglobals.php

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Remaining broken path info links [message #14112 is a reply to message #14110] Wed, 05 November 2003 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Well, just look at your profile Smile this forum is affected by it too. thanks for your hint where I can change it.

Olliver
Re: Remaining broken path info links [message #14114 is a reply to message #14112] Wed, 05 November 2003 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
I found it, but there's some weirdness: The current setting already allows FUD code, which is logical since I haven't touched it for months. So it should work, however right now it does the contrary Confused

Olliver
Re: Remaining broken path info links [message #14119 is a reply to message #14114] Wed, 05 November 2003 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Olliver wrote on Wed, 05 November 2003 15:04

I found it, but there's some weirdness: The current setting already allows FUD code, which is logical since I haven't touched it for months. So it should work, however right now it does the contrary Confused

Olliver

Fixed in CVS. To fix the problem replace your GLOBALS_HELP with the one attached and then re-enable fud tags via admglobals.php

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Remaining broken path info links [message #14121 is a reply to message #14108] Wed, 05 November 2003 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Olliver wrote on Wed, 05 November 2003 14:47

Hello,
I've just found some more broken links with path info, that survived the transition from RC2 to RC3

affected is the members form:
"Post Count"
http://myserver.com/index.php/ml/1/0///6/

"Join Date"
http://myserver.com/index.php/ml/3/0///6/

Fixed in CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Remaining broken path info links [message #14122 is a reply to message #14121] Wed, 05 November 2003 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Thanks for your work, Ilia Smile

Olliver
Re: Remaining broken path info links [message #14133 is a reply to message #14108] Thu, 06 November 2003 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jrobbio is currently offline  jrobbio   United Kingdom
Hello Ilia, I've been working with Olliver on these path_info problems and i'm still getting a bit of trouble with the register link: http://mysite.com/index.php/re/0/ which then changes to http://mysite.com/index.php/pr/0/ and doesn't work.

Any light on that?

Rob
Re: Remaining broken path info links [message #14135 is a reply to message #14133] Thu, 06 November 2003 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Do you have coppa enabled?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Remaining broken path info links [message #14137 is a reply to message #14135] Thu, 06 November 2003 01:47 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
I've tried to replicate the problem with both coppa enabled & disabled. I do not see the problem :/

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Deleting messages fails in "sent" and "trash"
Next Topic: "New Account Moderation" Do not work?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 05:36:35 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03586 seconds