FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Theme + template creation questions
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Theme + template creation questions [message #15797] Mon, 05 January 2004 11:52 Go to next message
The_Altered1 is currently offline  The_Altered1   United States
Tried to create a new template and matching theme in FUDforum 2.6.0RC10.

Follow me:
1) I went into "Theme Management",
2) Named a new template set called ice101 in "Create New Template Set" and based it on the default set. Hit create. Everything went fine.
3) Created a new theme called ice101 (same as template for reference). Selected the new template set that I made of the same name. Set it to default and enabled and hit "add".
4) A new ice101 template and theme set was made at the bottom of the screen.

I think that I did this part right. Just a couple of questions in regard.

1) How do I export this complete set so that someone else could use it (I seem to notice that some templates might be stored in the db).
2) How would someone else import this set.
3) when I looked inside the "theme" folder on my server, I noticed that all of the image paths for that theme were set to my servers settings...css...etc.. (would all of these need to be changed as well?).
4) Is there a chance of using something like {image_dir}/imagename.gif when I edit the templates so that when/if someone else installs this theme it would adhere to their images folder?

Just a couple of questions. thank you for your time. Very Happy
Re: Theme + template creation questions [message #15828 is a reply to message #15797] Tue, 06 January 2004 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
1) Just open the thm/ice101/tmpl/ directory, the templates will be there.

2) You'd replace that directory (and possibly others inside ice101) with those of someone else.

3) You were looking in the compiled theme folder.

4) Already being done.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Theme + template creation questions [message #15831 is a reply to message #15797] Tue, 06 January 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great cause I just noticed that I can use {THEME_IMAGE_ROOT} within the admin cp when editing templates for template image folder calls, but when I go to check the tpl's in the correct templates folder they have been reverted to my image directory url.

Skinning this is really very difficult. Well, not really the skinning part (the template system is great and easy to work with), but the constant dead page/page reloading 30 times when I click on a link in the admin cp (just there though..normal forum is fine) makes it really frustrating. It must be just because I have it set up on localhost, but then again, skinning via ftp is a pain so localhost is my prefered method to use.

my server stats are as follows:

PHP built On: Windows NT localhost 5.1 build 2600
Database Version: 4.0.13-nt
PHP Version: 4.3.1
Web Server: Apache/2.0.44 (Win32) PHP/4.3.1
WebServer to PHP interface: apache2filter
Forum Version: 2.6.0
Relavent PHP Settings: Safe Mode: OFF
Open basedir: none
Display Errors: OFF
File Uploads: ON
Magic Quotes: OFF
Register Globals: OFF
Output Buffering: Yes
Disabled Functions: none
PDF Support: No
Tokenizer Support: Yes
PSpell Support: No
Zlib Support: Yes

Hopefully this consistant refresh thing can be resolved so that I can get back to skinning. Thank you for your time and attention.
Re: Theme + template creation questions [message #15832 is a reply to message #15831] Tue, 06 January 2004 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I am not sure what the 'reload' thing is happening I don't use Apache 2 nor do I use windows. So, it is really difficult for me to say what maybe the cause. Check your Apache error log, maybe PHP is crashing?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Theme + template creation questions [message #15834 is a reply to message #15797] Tue, 06 January 2004 04:30 Go to previous message
Well, I checked all the log files and no errors are reported. I went ahead and started playing around and troubleshooting things.

Guess what I found out (discovered this by accident). I had been using Internet Explorer to view the forum and the admin CP. I went ahead and opened the forum up in my firebird mozilla based browser, and everything was smooth as silk. The admin cp acts the way it should and everything is peachy.

So I guess that the fault (at least for me) lies in IE v6.0.2600

Problem solved and hopefully this helps others as well that are using localhosts. Thanks again for the great forum and the attention to this post. Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Optimization of the default theme
Next Topic: cvs
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 17:26:24 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02546 seconds