FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159635] Sat, 13 June 2009 20:49 Go to next message
jm2morri is currently offline  jm2morri   Canada
The only way I know to get to them is

Admin Control Panel -> Groups Manager -> Click on big link to "user-land group manager".

Is there a more direct way? I often need to go here to add users so it would be nice to get there directly somehow.

James.
Re: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159636 is a reply to message #159635] Sat, 13 June 2009 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
"Admin: | Group(s) Manager" is on about every single page of the forum.
Re: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159637 is a reply to message #159636] Sat, 13 June 2009 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jm2morri is currently offline  jm2morri   Canada
naudefj wrote on Sat, 13 June 2009 16:56
"Admin: | Group(s) Manager" is on about every single page of the forum.

Ah, right in plain view. Much better.

Thanks a lot.

James.
icon6.gif  Re: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159638 is a reply to message #159637] Sat, 13 June 2009 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Yep it's a sneaky lil devil.
It is available for Admins and designated Group leaders, what I never understood about it was why on occasion it appears as "Admin: | Group(s) Manager 0"

I presume it has something to do with the root forums/permissions of the forum and the 1st in last out concept they work on, since FUDforum creates a new group for every new forum created I am assuming that Group zero is the very root or what we see when the forum is 1st installed "Test category, test Forum, and 1st post. Perhaps Frank or some one more knowledgeable could elaborate.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159642 is a reply to message #159638] Sun, 14 June 2009 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I must admit, I haven't seen the "0" appended on any of my forums. Please check if it's not in a message or template file.
Re: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159646 is a reply to message #159642] Sun, 14 June 2009 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is what i was trying to tell you in this thread:

http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=159158&#msg_159158

I have seen it pop up several times and have no Idea why!

I just attribute it to gremlins...of what ever variety, as i tried to point out.

But it is real, and no I do not have a zero forum, but I will double check my groups manager.

index.php?t=getfile&id=5644&private=0
  • Attachment: Capture2.JPG
    (Size: 36.66KB, Downloaded 1517 times)

Re: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159647 is a reply to message #159646] Sun, 14 June 2009 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
OK, I've scanned through the code and this is no gremlin, but a feature. If you enable "New Account Moderation", the number of accounts pending approval are displayed.
Re: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159648 is a reply to message #159647] Sun, 14 June 2009 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really? That is not what it looks like.

But at least it is a start, I really hate things I don't understand.

I will turn on on account moderation and we can try it, i will send you an invite or would that bypass that feature?

Re: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159649 is a reply to message #159648] Sun, 14 June 2009 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You are welcome to send me an invite if you want to test this feature.
Re: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159650 is a reply to message #159648] Sun, 14 June 2009 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope Unless there are some issues wit version differences i got 2 things whae I turned moderation on, this one and a second one asking me to approve anonymous?

index.php?t=getfile&id=5645&private=0

icon6.gif  Re: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159651 is a reply to message #159649] Sun, 14 June 2009 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I sent one out you might check your spam filter I still don't have every thing fixed after this past month,

Re: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159652 is a reply to message #159650] Sun, 14 June 2009 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The approval of anonymous was a bug that was fixed in 2.8.1 if I remember correctly.

Approve all pending accounts to see the 0 again.
Re: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159653 is a reply to message #159652] Sun, 14 June 2009 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK that s it!

So when did this approve anon start?

Re: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159654 is a reply to message #159653] Sun, 14 June 2009 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Not sure, definitely before I've got involved.

If was fixed with http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=11917
icon6.gif  Re: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159655 is a reply to message #159654] Sun, 14 June 2009 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's a long long time, but I don't recall seeing it before last year when I was infested with trolls and that was a different forum.

I told you I thought I was going crazy, and seeing things. See boys and girls a little knowledge is a wonderful thing.

Re: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159656 is a reply to message #159655] Sun, 14 June 2009 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Here is a patch to suppress the confusing "0" - http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=11938
Re: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159657 is a reply to message #159656] Sun, 14 June 2009 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lets see now if I remember correctly how to do a patch, ...... I remove the lines that are preceded by a - sign and add the ones preceded by a + sign ?

Best to use a PHP or other editor that shows the line numbers... Is that about right?

Re: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159658 is a reply to message #159657] Sun, 14 June 2009 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Yip, that is certainly one way of doing it.
Re: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159659 is a reply to message #159658] Sun, 14 June 2009 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK so there's a better way?

Re: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159660 is a reply to message #159659] Sun, 14 June 2009 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
This should help - http://cvs.prohost.org/index.php/Applying_patches
Re: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159661 is a reply to message #159660] Sun, 14 June 2009 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My head hurts!

I know that it is just that my mind and life don't revolve around code, I barely comprehend it, you say CVS and I think drug store it actually takes effort to even get there.

Just understand that and we will be fine, Even better because I will generally get it translated into something I can understand and re post it for other dummies like me.

The lack of documentation for lay men is probably FUDforums greatest weakness.

Re: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159662 is a reply to message #159661] Sun, 14 June 2009 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The article is categorized as "developer documentation". However, you are welcome to simplify the language. That said, the "layman" should probably not load patches, but rather wait for the next release, which will contain all the patches released since the prior release.
Re: How to Get to User Land Permissions Directly? [message #159663 is a reply to message #159662] Sun, 14 June 2009 10:04 Go to previous message
Yea well you are probably right, but then a layman probably not have started out with FUD forum to begin with....

Besides rumor has it that I recently got promoted, (the peter principal in action). Laughing

That patch does not look all that extensive, and in all reality not knowing or understanding what group zero was was more troublesome than applying the patch.

I am backing up Piasa and once that is done I will attempt the upgrade again, but I 'm not looking forward to it.
There has to be a finite number of reasons why it will not take, to my mind it restores from backup, passes consistency check etc. so there seems to be no reasonable reason that I can think of for it not to upgrade as well..... belay my last, its 0500 I'll save the backup and get some sleep before upgrading.

You have a great week end, whats left of it its Sunday here.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: fudbox.php not catching Re: RE: re: or rE:
Next Topic: BACKUP from CRON
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 05 11:16:06 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02968 seconds