FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Step 2 installation error PLEASE HELP!!!  () 1 Vote
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Step 2 installation error PLEASE HELP!!! [message #160680] Mon, 12 October 2009 19:52 Go to next message
Ripley is currently offline  Ripley

Hello, i am trying to install fudforum, I run install php, and in the step two i got two errors which is difficult for me to resolve Confused

The first is Host, im typying 127.0.0.1 or my future forum ip, but this error is stil... what ip must i write?

Second is database... please tell me what should i write there?

index.php?t=getfile&id=5729&private=0

Re: Step 2 installation error PLEASE HELP!!! [message #160682 is a reply to message #160680] Mon, 12 October 2009 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
You can enter "127.0.0.1" into the "Host" field or simply leave it empty.

Please enter a valid pre-created database name into the "Database" field. Looks like you've tried to enter a socket name into this filed, which is obviously wrong.

Fore more info, see http://cvs.prohost.org/index.php/Installation
Re: Step 2 installation error PLEASE HELP!!! [message #160683 is a reply to message #160682] Mon, 12 October 2009 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

naudefj писал(а) Пнд, 12 Октябрь 2009 17:15
You can enter "127.0.0.1" into the "Host" field or simply leave it empty.

Please enter a valid pre-created database name into the "Database" field. Looks like you've tried to enter a socket name into this filed, which is obviously wrong.

Fore more info, see

When I entering 127.0.0.1 or leave it blank than ''Failed to connect to the MySQL Server, SQL Reason: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'[/email] (using password: YES)'' this error appears...

Re: Step 2 installation error PLEASE HELP!!! [message #160684 is a reply to message #160680] Mon, 12 October 2009 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sorry, root was not my user name Embarassed I noticed it just now..
okay, I will find out what is my ''valid pre-created database name'' and do next step Razz

added, now it writes:

Failed to create table "fud_mime" ("CREATE TABLE fud30_mime ( id INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, fl_ext VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', mime_ dr VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', descr VARCHAR(255), icon VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'unknown.gif' ) DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci"), SQL Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'dr VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', descr VARCHAR(255), icon VARCHAR(100) N' at line 5 Rolling Eyes

What should I do? Confused

[Updated on: Mon, 12 October 2009 22:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Step 2 installation error PLEASE HELP!!! [message #160686 is a reply to message #160684] Tue, 13 October 2009 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
This is unusual. Have you edited your fud_mime.tbl file? It is corrupt?

You have: mime_ dr VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
It should be: mime_hdr VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
Re: Step 2 installation error PLEASE HELP!!! [message #160790 is a reply to message #160686] Sat, 24 October 2009 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DimOK is currently offline  DimOK
Same problem too, didn't change anything, got installation file from 'stable 3.00' release fudforum.org/releases/FUDforum_3-0-0.tar.gz

Failed to create table "fud_mime" ("CREATE TABLE new_mime ( id INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, fl_ext VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', mime_ dr VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', descr VARCHAR(255), icon VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'unknown.gif' ) DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci"), SQL Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'dr VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', descr VARCHAR(255), icon VARCHAR(100) N' at line 5

But in fud_mime.tbl everything is correct...

If i change mime_hdr in .tbl file to, like, mime_hr or anything - it works well... strange bug...

Problems again... after i manually install this table...

Failed to create table "fud_thread_view" ("CREATE TABLE new_tv_1 ( id INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, seq INT NOT NULL, t read_id INT NOT NULL, iss INT NOT NULL ) DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci"), SQL Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'read_id INT NOT NULL, iss INT NOT NULL ) DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE ut' at line 5

Some problems with letters 'h' in installation file, they are changed to spaces during install...

Before insert int is ok, from intall.php

echo ($q);
if (($q = make_into_query(trim($q)))) {
if (!dbquery($q)) {
seterr('DBHOST_DBNAME', 'Failed to create table "'.basename($t, '.tbl').'" ("'.$q.'"), SQL Reason: '.dberror());
break 2;

it echoes correct value, with 'h'... but in request - it is without it...

[Updated on: Sat, 24 October 2009 07:58]

Re: Step 2 installation error PLEASE HELP!!! [message #160791 is a reply to message #160790] Sat, 24 October 2009 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I've just downloaded the file and was able to install it. This is probably one of those strange bugs. Can you please debug it or give me access to your server to do it?

PS: We haven't announced FUDforum 3.0.0 yet. Please treat this file as an RC version.
Re: Step 2 installation error PLEASE HELP!!! [message #160792 is a reply to message #160791] Sat, 24 October 2009 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lolm funny thing is that Ripley tried in on the same host... so it is probably problem of my own server - it doesn't creat tables containing 'h' letter...

Digging deeper...

request to db_query subroutine... comes already broken, so it is your's problem, haha Smile

in line 940 install.php if (!dbquery($q)) { - it is broken...

ok, it is get broken here:

if (($q = make_into_query(trim($q)))) {

Before this line request is ok, after - letters 'h' are changed to spaces...

tadam...

return trim(str_replace('{SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}', $_POST['DBHOST_TBL_PREFIX'], preg_replace('!\h+!', ' ', preg_replace('!\#.*$!s', '', $data))));

Go learning regexp's, guys Smile

Afaik, there is no '\h' metasymbol, but i am not that good with regexp, to fix this line myself...

Well, this variant worked well...
return trim(str_replace('{SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}', $_POST['DBHOST_TBL_PREFIX'], preg_replace('!\h+!', 'h', preg_replace('!\#.*$!s', '', $data))));

I don't know why do you need this regexp, please take a closer look.

[Updated on: Sat, 24 October 2009 09:54]

Re: Step 2 installation error PLEASE HELP!!! [message #160796 is a reply to message #160792] Sat, 24 October 2009 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
DimOK wrote on Sat, 24 October 2009 10:02
Go learning regexp's, guys Smile

Try to Google for "horizontal whitespace regex".

Questions is, why doesn't your system support it? Old PCRE library maybe?
Re: Step 2 installation error PLEASE HELP!!! [message #160798 is a reply to message #160796] Sat, 24 October 2009 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, but why do tou need that stuff there anyway? It is installation script, all files are come exactly the way you want them, why making it that difficult...

i don't know whether mine is old or new, but i think it is ok...

Installed Packages
Name : pcre
Arch : x86_64
Version : 6.6
Release : 2.el5_1.7
Size : 227 k
Repo : installed
Re: Step 2 installation error PLEASE HELP!!! [message #160800 is a reply to message #160798] Sat, 24 October 2009 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
If you read the code, you will understand why it's required.

My PCRE Library Version is 7.9 (2009-04-11). Yours is obviously too old to understand the '\h'.

PS: This functionality was added in version 7.2 (released on 19-Jun-07).
Re: Step 2 installation error PLEASE HELP!!! [message #160809 is a reply to message #160800] Sat, 24 October 2009 21:38 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Patch @ http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=12063
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUDForum 3.0 SQL errors with SQLite
Next Topic: Siteground - For new FUDkers
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 11:18:55 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02623 seconds