FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Merging and splitting user names
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Merging and splitting user names [message #161258] Sat, 28 November 2009 20:55 Go to next message
gorm is currently offline  gorm
I am converting my rather large previous forum based on modified WWWboard to Fudforum. This forum had no registration. Sometimes the users of that old made slips in their aliases or just changed their names for some reason. After the conversion sometime I obtain many duplicates for the same user which I would like to merge. How can I change a username for the message or the username in the list of the users as the fprum does not allow to do so to a name that is already registered? Sometime the opposite problem arises - to split a user because sometimes newcomers were using names that were already accepted by former users and than changed them to a new ones. So I would like to have a possiblity to change a name in the message without changing it for all messages assigned to this name.

[Updated on: Sat, 28 November 2009 20:57]

Report message to a moderator

icon6.gif  Re: Merging and splitting user names [message #161259 is a reply to message #161258] Sat, 28 November 2009 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
There are other reasons such things happen, I my self encountered one not too long ago where I was unable to log in with my user name (one I had used for years) I created a new one to use.

Later after notifying the admin if the issue both user names were merged back to my original. Unfortunately I was not told how this was accomplished but it would be nice to know!

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Merging and splitting user names [message #161260 is a reply to message #161259] Sun, 29 November 2009 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
You can always update the DB directly.

This may help - http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=21584
Re: Merging and splitting user names [message #161261 is a reply to message #161260] Sun, 29 November 2009 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks

I think I see what they meant, I might give it a try later.

Re: Merging and splitting user names [message #161262 is a reply to message #161261] Sun, 29 November 2009 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
If you guys can sort-out and test the SQL, I will include it into the ACP for the next release.
icon6.gif  Re: Merging and splitting user names [message #161281 is a reply to message #161262] Mon, 30 November 2009 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj
I'm more than willing to help if I can but you lost me at ("sort-out and test the SQL")?

Re: Merging and splitting user names [message #161391 is a reply to message #161260] Sat, 19 December 2009 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gorm is currently offline  gorm   Russian Federation
naudefj писал(а) Вск, 29 Ноябрь 2009 06:10
You can always update the DB directly.

This may help - http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=21584

Can you post an example, how to change the user of a message?
Re: Merging and splitting user names [message #161392 is a reply to message #161391] Sat, 19 December 2009 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I don't have an example. You probably need to update fud28_msg (poster_id column) as well as the other tables mentioned in the quoted thread.
Re: Merging and splitting user names [message #161407 is a reply to message #161392] Mon, 21 December 2009 20:40 Go to previous message
gorm is currently offline  gorm
naudefj писал(а) Сбт, 19 Декабрь 2009 12:50
I don't have an example. You probably need to update fud28_msg (poster_id column) as well as the other tables mentioned in the quoted thread.

When I try in SQL manager something like:

update fud30_msg set poster_id='285' where id='3486';

I get
Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch() on a non-object in ../FUDforum/include/theme/default/db.inc on line 182

However the user name changes while the statistics is not updated. That is why I need to do a concistency check to update it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Im losing the drop box
Next Topic: Integrate Mailing Lists with FUDForum on System with PostFix
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 10:27:15 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02794 seconds