FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Problems following upgrade to v3 (Upgrade to 3.0 from 2.7.6)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Problems following upgrade to v3 [message #161810] Tue, 09 February 2010 19:02 Go to next message
P_G_ is currently offline  P_G_
Had some big problems running the upgrade script from 2.76 to 3.0. Eventually, after some data changes and PHP changes, it suggests it's done, but now I get errors such as the following when trying to either run the forum or the consistency checker.

[09-Feb-2010 18:07:28] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function ses_get() in /var/vh/aweb/FUDforum_data/include/theme/default/users.inc on line 634
[09-Feb-2010 18:13:15] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function sq_check() in /var/vh/aweb/FUDforum_data/include/adm.inc on line 32
[09-Feb-2010 18:13:23] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_version() in /var/vh/aweb/fudforum/adm/index.php on line 45
[09-Feb-2010 18:14:09] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function pf() in /var/vh/aweb/fudforum/adm/consist.php on line 58

For the first error, I copied the "ses_get" function from the core.inc file directly into "users.inc", which got over that problem, but as you can see plenty of others are occurring.

Can anybody offer any suggestions as to what can be tried?

Many thanks
Re: Problems following upgrade to v3 [message #161811 is a reply to message #161810] Tue, 09 February 2010 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you recompile the theme from ACP -> Theme Manager?

PS: I would like to see the upgrade script's output. Can you please post it as well?
Re: Problems following upgrade to v3 [message #161814 is a reply to message #161811] Wed, 10 February 2010 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, thanks for the reply.

I basically started again, this time seemingly with more success, and this is a summary of what happened:
- copied all v2.76 web files and database from old server with Apache v2.0.52, PHP v5.03 and MySQL v.4.1.8 to Apache v2.2.9, PHP 5.2.11 and MySQL v5.0.51
- running upgrade, advised to add zend_optimizerplus.dups_fix=1 to php.ini. Done.
- re-run upgrade: Checking ... Disabling the forum ... Beginning decompress ... File Upgrade Complete ... All changed files were backed up to ... Convert table ...
- get to fud26_users, error "Delete from fud26_users where alias = 'I'm here'
- edited upgrade.php script to replace the data string ' with ''
- re-run upgrade. get to fud26_users, get "Duplicate entry 'xxx' in key 4.
- data actually seems fine, and there are seemingly no duplicates, a bit strange, so I dropped the index (alias).
- run upgrade again, get:
Notice: Use of undefined constant __dbtype__ - assumed '__dbtype__' in /var/vh/web/fudforum/upgrade.php on line 1094
Fatal error: Call to undefined function q_singleval() in /var/vh/web/fudforum/upgrade.php on line 1110
- restarted Apache, re-run upgrade:
- get to fud26_search, get "Duplicate entry 'xxx' for key 2
- again data doesn't appear to have duplicate entries for text stated, so I decide to delete all records from fud26_search
- re-run upgrade, it gets to the end.

Today I could get into the admin panel. Yesterday I couldn't get into the admin panel apart from once (where I got Fatal out of disk space while compacting private messages). Subsequent efforts resulted in the function errors mentioned in the previous post.

Today it has run through the consistency check, compacting and rebuilding of themes okay, and subject to confirmation from moderators it may well be working.

I've basically followed the same procedure each time, so I'm a bit concerned as to why it went wrong several times, and now seems okay.

By the way, all the UPGRADE_STATUS file contained after every attempt was one line with "4020".

One further thing, to get any of the above to work on either day I had to set all permissions to 777 throughout the site. Could you please advise what these should ideally be? And if you can shed any light on what I've posted, it would be much appreciated for all.

Many thanks again
Re: Problems following upgrade to v3 [message #161815 is a reply to message #161814] Wed, 10 February 2010 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
P_G_ wrote:
I basically started again, this time seemingly with more success, and this is a summary of what happened:
- copied all v2.76 web files and database from old server with Apache v2.0.52, PHP v5.03 and MySQL v.4.1.8 to Apache v2.2.9, PHP 5.2.11 and MySQL v5.0.51
- running upgrade, advised to add zend_optimizerplus.dups_fix=1 to php.ini. Done.

Why did you set zend_optimizerplus.dups_fix. As far as I'm aware it's not a FUDforum requirement.

P_G_ wrote:
- re-run upgrade: Checking ... Disabling the forum ... Beginning decompress ... File Upgrade Complete ... All changed files were backed up to ... Convert table ...
- get to fud26_users, error "Delete from fud26_users where alias = 'I'm here'
- edited upgrade.php script to replace the data string ' with ''
- re-run upgrade. get to fud26_users, get "Duplicate entry 'xxx' in key 4.
- data actually seems fine, and there are seemingly no duplicates, a bit strange, so I dropped the index (alias).
- run upgrade again, get:
Notice: Use of undefined constant __dbtype__ - assumed '__dbtype__' in /var/vh/web/fudforum/upgrade.php on line 1094
Fatal error: Call to undefined function q_singleval() in /var/vh/web/fudforum/upgrade.php on line 1110
- restarted Apache, re-run upgrade:
- get to fud26_search, get "Duplicate entry 'xxx' for key 2
- again data doesn't appear to have duplicate entries for text stated, so I decide to delete all records from fud26_search
- re-run upgrade, it gets to the end.

FUDforum tries to remove duplicate rows before adding a unique index. Looks like this code is not working. It was definitely not tested recently as we haven't added any lately.

P_G_ wrote:
Today I could get into the admin panel. Yesterday I couldn't get into the admin panel apart from once (where I got Fatal out of disk space while compacting private messages). Subsequent efforts resulted in the function errors mentioned in the previous post.

Today it has run through the consistency check, compacting and rebuilding of themes okay, and subject to confirmation from moderators it may well be working.

I've basically followed the same procedure each time, so I'm a bit concerned as to why it went wrong several times, and now seems okay.

Must be the current phase of the moon.

P_G_ wrote:
By the way, all the UPGRADE_STATUS file contained after every attempt was one line with "4020".

Good.

P_G_ wrote:
One further thing, to get any of the above to work on either day I had to set all permissions to 777 throughout the site. Could you please advise what these should ideally be? And if you can shed any light on what I've posted, it would be much appreciated for all.

777 is fine. Just remember to "lock" your forum to return to minimal file permissions.
Re: Problems following upgrade to v3 [message #161816 is a reply to message #161815] Wed, 10 February 2010 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Many thanks again for the reply. I'm not actually familiar with the forum myself, rather upgrading and moving it for someone else, but I have found the "lock files" option, and can see it's modified the permissions.

Incidentally, the ZEND message came up on the upgrade screen the first time I ran it, after I'd submitted my name and password.

One potential problem remaining is that the admin panel stopped working, with this message in php.log "[10-Feb-2010 15:05:26] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function sq_check() in /var/vh/web/FUDforum_data/include/adm.inc on line 32".

Strangely, stopping and restarting Apache allowed it to work again.

Cheers

Info in control panel
---------------------
FUDforum version: 3.0.0
PHP version: 5.2.11
PHP built on: Linux web 2.6.26-2-amd64 #1 SMP Thu Nov 5 02:23:12 UTC 2009 x86_64
Database type: mysql (mysql)
Database version: 5.0.51a-24+lenny2
Web server: Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) PHP/5.2.11
Web server to PHP interface: apache2handler
WebServer User/Group: 33 / 33
Relevant PHP settings:
Safe mode: OFF
Open basedir: none
Display errors: OFF
File uploads: ON
Maximum file upload size: 2M
Magic quotes: OFF
Register globals: OFF
Output buffering: Yes
Disabled functions: none
PSpell support: No
Zlib support: Yes
Re: Problems following upgrade to v3 [message #161817 is a reply to message #161816] Wed, 10 February 2010 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
P_G_ wrote:
Incidentally, the ZEND message came up on the upgrade screen the first time I ran it, after I'd submitted my name and password.

I've never seen it before. It certainly is not in any of FUDforum's code.

P_G_ wrote:
One potential problem remaining is that the admin panel stopped working, with this message in php.log "[10-Feb-2010 15:05:26] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function sq_check() in /var/vh/web/FUDforum_data/include/adm.inc on line 32".

Strangely, stopping and restarting Apache allowed it to work again.

It sounds like a opcode caching problem. I bet this Zend Optimizer+ thing is somehow to blame.
Re: Problems following upgrade to v3 [message #161818 is a reply to message #161817] Wed, 10 February 2010 16:59 Go to previous message
Thanks for your replies, I'll certainly have a look into that area.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Installation Parse error
Next Topic: German characters in old posts after upgrade to 3.0.0
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 00:06:34 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04665 seconds