FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » General Chit Chat » The future of FUDforum?  () 1 Vote
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon9.gif  The future of FUDforum? [message #165229] Fri, 13 May 2011 09:53 Go to next message
n4is3n is currently offline  n4is3n   Indonesia

I am a new user of fudforum, and I was surprised to find 10-years-old forum software. I personally really like FUD, I feel like finding what I had been looking for. I even wrote a good review of FUD on my personal blog. But there is one thing I doubt, how the future of fudforum? whether fudforum will live long? I see only one person who supports this forum, just naudefj. Where's the others? Sad

I hope FUD forum can survive and can continue to grow.. Smile

Thanks.

[Updated on: Fri, 13 May 2011 09:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The future of FUDforum? [message #165230 is a reply to message #165229] Fri, 13 May 2011 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Short term, YES! We are currently preparing a FUDforum 3.0.3 release that will offer some ground-breaking new features. You'll also find that several users are helping with patches, themes, translations, etc.

Long term - we'll have to wait and see. It's open source and if its users care enough, it will continue to thrive.

PS: Can you please post the URL of your review?

Best regards.

Frank
Re: The future of FUDforum? [message #165234 is a reply to message #165229] Fri, 13 May 2011 17:12 Go to previous message
rmhartman is currently offline  rmhartman   United States
Seems to me you answer your own question. "Whether fudforum will live long?" "I was surprised to find 10-years-old forum software."

Ten years not good enough for you? Nothing predicts the future like the past. You would rather trust that the forum software issued last week will be around for ten years ? On what basis? These folks have been around a while. There is no reason to expect that they will not stick around.

n4is3n wrote on Fri, 13 May 2011 02:53
I am a new user of fudforum, and I was surprised to find 10-years-old forum software. I personally really like FUD, I feel like finding what I had been looking for. I even wrote a good review of FUD on my personal blog. But there is one thing I doubt, how the future of fudforum? whether fudforum will live long? I see only one person who supports this forum, just naudefj. Where's the others? Sad

I hope FUD forum can survive and can continue to grow.. Smile

Thanks.

-Richard M. Hartman

"186,000 mi/sec: not just a good idea, it's the LAW!"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Questions about FUDforum (threading, nntp + mail integration)
Next Topic: Open source Imap4 email server on windows
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 06:43:47 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02920 seconds