FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Newsgroups create duplicates
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Newsgroups create duplicates [message #16546] Thu, 05 February 2004 02:33 Go to next message
dunamin2 is currently offline  dunamin2   United States
I made a new forum and attached the Newsgroup to it. It worked great the first time that I ran the script. However, the second time, it duplicates all the content of the forum. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug.

Steps to reproduce:
-make new forum.
-Connect it to server=news.php.net group=php.i18n
-run nntp.php twice.

It looks like every topic has exactly one duplicate. Any suggestions?
Re: Newsgroups create duplicates [message #16555 is a reply to message #16546] Thu, 05 February 2004 16:55 Go to previous message
Gribnif is currently offline  Gribnif   United States
When testing, I found that the script can stop unexpectedly part way through. This seems to happen when there are more than a few thousand messages to read. When this happens, it doesn't write the counter of the last message it visited, so the next time you run it, it starts from the first message again.

Take a look in your data/errors/.nntp directory. If the script completed, it will contain a file with the prefix "news-" and the name of your newsgroup. If there's only a ".lock" file, then the script didn't finish.

If there's no non-lock file, then you can create one with a text editor. Put in a big enough number, and the scripts won't try to download everything again, just from that point on.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Bug with time zone. Bug with forum statistics query
Next Topic: Bug in previewing uploaded image attachments?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 12:56:48 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02113 seconds