FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Well, I have had complaints on the registration
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Well, I have had complaints on the registration [message #165626] Thu, 28 July 2011 11:59 Go to next message
Atomicrun is currently offline  Atomicrun   Sweden
The "Register" works well, but is sees a bit complicated.

Would it be possible to have a simpler registration with merely the basics?
The problem seems to be that the registration don't pass, there is an error on the password or some other field. Can the password field be saved, so you don't have to re-enter it?

The "forum rules" is also translated; this make changes difficult if you wish to use something else. How about 2-3 different "standard" forum rules, a friendly one, a strict one, a short with a reference to "forum rules", that admin can set up as an ordinary post.

Re: Well, I have had complaints on the registration [message #165633 is a reply to message #165626] Fri, 29 July 2011 08:13 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
The registration process is a bit intimidating. However, I don't think it is good practice to save the password. We should actually use AJAX call-outs to validate information as it is typed into the form.

W.r.t. the "forum rules": You don't have to use the translated messages. You can simply edit the template file (pre_reg.tmpl) and enter your own verbiage into it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: It is possible to regulate the picture size?
Next Topic: An MP3 Player for Inline MP3 Attachments
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 09:13:43 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02662 seconds