FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Referral and PMM question (Is there some sort of voodoo required to use the Referral system and Private Message Manager? )
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Referral and PMM question [message #165924] Thu, 25 August 2011 14:47 Go to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Is there some sort of voodoo required to use the Referral system and Private Message Manager?

I've never managed to get the referrals to display despite their being enabled in the ACP and having been used in tests.

And the Private Message Manager simply states "No private messages found" for all users.

Using 3.0.3 RC1 with revisions 5329-5362 applied yet cannot utilize them, any ideas?

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Referral and PMM question [message #165925 is a reply to message #165924] Fri, 26 August 2011 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
No sure about the referral system, I've never used it before and probably never will.

The Private Message Manager works as expected. Install 3.0.3RC1, post a PM as userX, go to ACP -> edit userX -> view PM's.
Re: Referral and PMM question [message #165926 is a reply to message #165925] Fri, 26 August 2011 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok I'll look into it further, the last test I tried the referral system returned an error which said it was "successfully
sent" though I never received it and have no idea why it would appear in the forum error log, and the error itself scrolled
off the page:
Latest Forum Errors
[Error] E-mail was sent
[Message Sent to User] The e-mail to your friend at [email]friend(at)domain(dot)name[/email] about the Upgrading v2.8.1 to FUDforum 3.0.3RC1 topic 
was successfully sent.
[User IP] 66.242.xxx.xx
[Requested URL] [url]http://domain.name/index.php?t=remail[/url]
[Post-Data]  YTo5OntzOjY6InBvc3RlZCI7czoxOiIxIjtzOjU6ImZuYW1lIjtzOjU6IndpdGNoIjtzOjY6ImZ lbWFpbCI7czoxOToid2l0Y2gxM0BhZ3RlbGNvLmNvb
 SI7czo0OiJzdWJqIjtzOjM3OiJVcGdyYWRpbmcgdjIuOC4xIHRvIEZVRGZvcnVtIDMuMC4wUkMx IjtzOjQ6ImJvZHkiO3M6MjQ3OiJIZWxsbywNCg0KVGhlcmUgaXMgYW
 4gaW50ZXJlc3RpbmcgdG9waWMgYWJvdXQgIlVwZ3JhZGluZyB2Mi44LjEgdG8gRlVEZm9ydW0gM y4wLjBSQzEiIG9uIEZvcnVtIEd1aWxkIGZvcnVtIHRoYXQgeW91IG1
 heSB3YW50IHRvIHJlYWQuIFlvdSBjYW4gc2VlIHRoZSB0b3BpYyBhdDoNCiBodHRwOi8vZm9ydW 1ndWlsZC5jb20vaW5kZXgucGhwP3Q9cnZpZXcmdGg9MTc2JnJpZD0z
 DQoNCllvdXIgZnJpZW5kLA0KDQpUaGUgV2l0Y2hlcg0KIjtzOjY6InN1Ym1pdCI7czoxNToiU2V uZCBFLW1haWwgTm93IjtzOjE6IlMiO3M6MzI6IjMwODlmNTVkNjQ3O
 WNjYmIxYTdjN2UzZmM3MjliZWE2IjtzOjI6IlNRIjtzOjMyOiI1YjQ4NTEzMzYyOWEyN2MxMDU2 YzgzZTQxNGM4Nzc3NyI7czoyOiJ0aCI7czozOiIxNzYiO30=
[Referring Page] [url=http://domain.name/index.php?t=remail&th=176&rid=3&S=3089f55d6479ccbb1a7c7e3fc729bea6] http://domain.name/index.php?t=remail&th=176&rid=3&S=3089f55d64 79ccbb1a7c7e3fc729bea6[/url] 

My standard ISP e-mail has been stormed by spam so it could be buried in there somewhere (I probably need to go all Gmail).

As for the PM Manager I checked your messages to me at the guild and it worked great, went back to the other install and
looked again, I found some of the messages but things still don't look right so I'll continue looking. As usual I'm sure
its my fault Confused

[Updated on: Fri, 26 August 2011 20:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Referral and PMM question [message #165928 is a reply to message #165926] Fri, 26 August 2011 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't know why that last message scrolled the screen like that but I added some Carraige returns and fit it in the block!

As for the PM Manager, it displays the users by "login" which works fine, except for those users who use an "alias", and for those the admin must manually input the alias name.

Once I punched in the Alias for the user in question up they came, sweet as clover Very Happy

Re: Referral and PMM question [message #166044 is a reply to message #165928] Tue, 06 September 2011 19:06 Go to previous message
Added:
Quote:
The Private Message Manager displays users by "login" name; requiring the admin to manually input the alias name for those users, who use an "alias" when enabled.
To the FUDforum Wiki Private Message Manager

Tried the referral system again by creating 5 e-mail addys, and sending referrals to different forum threads to those emails, then registering them as users after following the links back.

That portion works ok except for the error/notification [Post-Data] scrolling way off the page! Yet no referrals listed in users control panel, so it kind of works though imperfectly.

I can't try it here because referrals don't seem to be enabled. Has anyone been able to use these?

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: code syntax highlighting?
Next Topic: Making the forum view able to members only
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 04 19:38:37 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02472 seconds