FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Problems with Today's Visitors
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Problems with Today's Visitors [message #17448] Tue, 30 March 2004 21:11 Go to next message
Xonk is currently offline  Xonk   Europe
I noticed, that not all users who logged in, are in the visitors-site listed (I saw them in the "Logged in users list"). In there profile the last visit is shown corretly, but the user don't appears on the "Today's Visitors"-page.
What's wrong here?

Greets,

Xonk
Re: Problems with Today's Visitors [message #17451 is a reply to message #17448] Tue, 30 March 2004 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The data is cached for performance reasons for up to 10 minutes.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problems with Today's Visitors [message #17578 is a reply to message #17451] Mon, 05 April 2004 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raven17 is currently offline  Raven17   United States
I have noticed this behavior too. Does that mean if they access the site for less than 10 minutes, they won't show up in the "Today's Visitors" list?

Thanks!
Re: Problems with Today's Visitors [message #17579 is a reply to message #17578] Mon, 05 April 2004 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You mis understand how the caching system works.

When a person access the front page the forum fetches the data from the cache. If the data is not avaliable or is older then the allowed cache limit then the cache is rebuild using the current data. Meaning that for "who's online now" the users who are browsing the forum @ that very moment are used.
Re: Problems with Today's Visitors [message #17580 is a reply to message #17579] Mon, 05 April 2004 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raven17 is currently offline  Raven17   United States
Ok - I might have a bug report then.

I saw a validated user on the forums this morning, but she did not show up on the "today's visitors list".
Re: Problems with Today's Visitors [message #17581 is a reply to message #17580] Mon, 05 April 2004 22:04 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
It probably means that at the time the cache was being rebuilt that user was not online.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Forum Permissions
Next Topic: Display answer of a special member
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Jun 07 01:58:39 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03434 seconds