FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Login using cookie for authentication
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Login using cookie for authentication [message #183694] Tue, 12 November 2013 12:18 Go to next message
straddevari   United Kingdom
Please excuse me if this has been covered elsewhere - I'm a new user.

I want to implement single sign-on. Before accessing the forum, users will have already logged into a separate username/password protected site and an authentication cookie will have been created. My requirement is to then allow them to access the forum which needs to pick up the authentication cookie and use this to log them in without needing to re-enter their user name and password.

The parent site is asp.net and the cookie containing the authentication data is encrypted.

I see that authentication against various data sources is possible, but I specifically need to confirm that it's possible to create a plugin that will decrypt the cookie and use the decrypted username and password to authenticate against an MS SQL Server database table.

Many thanks.
Re: Login using cookie for authentication [message #184425 is a reply to message #183694] Tue, 31 December 2013 05:54 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
Should be fairly easy to do. Look at the Login API (forum_login.php in the script directory).
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Cannot quote post with CKEditor
Next Topic: Some Pre-Sale Questions
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 02:06:58 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02693 seconds