FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Can Profile defaults for "Select Notification" and "Private Message Notification"
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Can Profile defaults for "Select Notification" and "Private Message Notification" [message #18107] Sun, 09 May 2004 13:16 Go to next message
wfjmueller is currently offline  wfjmueller   Germany
In our environment, where most users are used to work with mailing lists, it seems best that by default the profile options
  1. Select Notification By Default
  2. Private Message Notification

are set to "yes". The standard installation has these settings set to "no" by default when a user registers.

So I wonder whether there is a way to change that default somewhere ? I looked through the admin panels, but didn't find this one.
Re: Can Profile defaults for "Select Notification" and "Private Message Notification& [message #18109 is a reply to message #18107] Sun, 09 May 2004 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Good point, fixed in CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Can Profile defaults for "Select Notification" and "Private Message Notification& [message #21145 is a reply to message #18109] Tue, 16 November 2004 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We just upgraded to 2.6.6 and I'm trying to find where these defaults for the login dialog can be defined. I looked in the "Global Settings Manager", but didn't find them there. Are these config options somewhere else ?
Re: Can Profile defaults for "Select Notification" and "Private Message Notification& [message #21146 is a reply to message #21145] Tue, 16 November 2004 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
This options are set (to yes) by default for new users who don't have any options set.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Can Profile defaults for "Select Notification" and "Private Message Notification& [message #21152 is a reply to message #21146] Wed, 17 November 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see a different behaviour. Just looked at the registration dialog of this forum, which reflects the default settings for a new user. The 'Select Notification by Default' and 'Private Message Notification' options are set to NO. See attached screen shot, which shows the initial state of the registration dialog.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1559&private=0
  • Attachment: dm_1.png
    (Size: 47.42KB, Downloaded 977 times)
Re: Can Profile defaults for "Select Notification" and "Private Message Notification& [message #21157 is a reply to message #21152] Wed, 17 November 2004 14:10 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
You are correct, there was bug that is now fixed.
Here is the patch:
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=3138

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: over 13 check
Next Topic: MYSQL MESS AFTER HOSTING SERVICE CRASH
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 08 20:12:36 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06121 seconds