FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Thread Navigator/Forum display/Forum management
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Thread Navigator/Forum display/Forum management [message #22153] Mon, 17 January 2005 21:13 Go to next message
Xonk is currently offline  Xonk   Germany
Hi,

sorry, but I have to post again Very Happy .

1. Message Navigator
I can't set 'Subscribed Topics' ON, while 'Today Messages' is OFF. Feature or bug?

2. Forum display
I updated to 2.6.9. I have two categories. Now when using the link from a thread to the category, only forums from this category will be shown. With 2.6.5, I used before, all category were shown (same as clicking to home). Feature or bug?

3. Forum management
Because of the problem Nr. 2 I played in the admin panel with the Category management. When setting the parent category to itself, the category was not displayed anymore in the forum and admin-panel! I have changed via SQL-command the parent-category back and everything was ok again.

Greets,

Sven
Re: Thread Navigator/Forum display/Forum management [message #22160 is a reply to message #22153] Mon, 17 January 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Quote:

I can't set 'Subscribed Topics' ON, while 'Today Messages' is OFF. Feature or bug?

Cannot replicate on this forum.

Quote:

I updated to 2.6.9. I have two categories. Now when using the link from a thread to the category, only forums from this category will be shown. With 2.6.5, I used before, all category were shown (same as clicking to home). Feature or bug?

Feature.

Quote:

Because of the problem Nr. 2 I played in the admin panel with the Category management. When setting the parent category to itself, the category was not displayed anymore in the forum and admin-panel! I have changed via SQL-command the parent-category back and everything was ok again.

Don't do it Smile

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Thread Navigator/Forum display/Forum management [message #22161 is a reply to message #22160] Mon, 17 January 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 18:37

Quote:

Cannot replicate on this forum.

Go to the home of your forum. Then click Message Navigator. Now click Todays Messages. Click Subscribed Topics. And now try to set the filter Todays Messages OFF. It don't work.

Greets,

Sven
Re: Thread Navigator/Forum display/Forum management [message #22162 is a reply to message #22161] Tue, 18 January 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Ah... that's not a bug, intended behaviour. Just showing ALL subscribed messages would be too slow. So subscriptions can only be used together with filters, suchs "unread, today or unanswered".

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Thread Navigator/Forum display/Forum management [message #22178 is a reply to message #22162] Tue, 18 January 2005 18:23 Go to previous message
Okay, thanks for answer.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: avatar problem
Next Topic: Mailing lists and Message-ID
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 04:03:05 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02805 seconds