FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Problems with install on version 2.6.9
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Problems with install on version 2.6.9 [message #22112] Sun, 16 January 2005 08:08 Go to next message
mncowboy969 is currently offline  mncowboy969   United States
I had several problems with the install on the different steps, but resolved each and ran the affected steps again. The admin screen came up fine after the install, but then did a back page, then forward page, which took me to the forum page. I clicked on the admin sceen, and keep getting the below error messages. What am I doing wrong?

Warning: main(/home/compuso/public_html/midwest/forum/imagestheme/default/index.php) : failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/compuso/public_html/midwest/forum/index.php on line 1174

Warning: main(/home/compuso/public_html/midwest/forum/imagestheme/default/index.php) : failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/compuso/public_html/midwest/forum/index.php on line 1174

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/compuso/public_html/midwest/forum/imagestheme/default/index.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/compuso/public_html/midwest/forum/index.php on line 1174

In the filemanager, I did notice that the file security modes are different for many of the programs and folders. And the images folder is empty (mode 711) and theme folder has a mode of 700. When I click on the theme folder I get the following message:

Unable to change directory to /home/compuso/public_html/midwest/forum/theme! You do not seem to have access permissions! (System Error: Permission denied)

I tried to change the file mode to 777 (max), but it won't change for me, and just stayes at 700.

Help, please let me know what to change, check, or whatever it will take to get the forum up and running.

Thanks in advance,
Ron
Re: Problems with install on version 2.6.9 [message #22144 is a reply to message #22112] Mon, 17 January 2005 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to make sure that the apache user has read/write permissions to all of the forum's files.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problems with install on version 2.6.9 [message #22150 is a reply to message #22144] Mon, 17 January 2005 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mncowboy969 is currently offline  mncowboy969   United States
Thanks for getting back to me! Is that something that the host site has to fix? When I click on the "theme" folder, I recieve the following error message:

Unable to change directory to /home/compuso/public_html/midwest/forum/theme! You do not seem to have access permissions! (System Error: Permission denied)

Also, shouldn't the images folder have images in it? It is blank. Was wondering if it would be better to uninstall, then reinstall the whole system? And, if you think I should, then should I go with an older release?

Thanks for your quick response back! Your forum and attention to the people who use it is great! You should put a Pay Pal Donation button on your site, so people could help support what you do!

Thanks again,
Ron
Re: Problems with install on version 2.6.9 [message #22159 is a reply to message #22150] Mon, 17 January 2005 23:34 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You fix those errors by chmoding those files/directories 777 or chowining them to the web server user.

As far as Paypal, check my sig Smile

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Mysql error on FUDforum 2.6.1
Next Topic: Problems Importing 2.3.2 Datadump
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 03:52:58 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02478 seconds