FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » General Chit Chat » Can i do this?  () 1 Vote
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon12.gif  Can i do this? [message #23948] Wed, 06 April 2005 00:03 Go to next message
ryana is currently offline  ryana   Sweden
Hey guys,
After looking at this piece of software I have decided against phpbb, I think i'll go with this, but before i start jumping all over the source code (am a php programmer myself) I though i would get some advise from others who have already dont big things with this code.

Heres what i gotto do, a client wants me to put a forum on his existing site, match the sites theme and language (the site is in Swedish) and finally...heres the kicker, he wants only one login per site!

eg:
When a person logs in on the main site, they dont have to login again in the forum section, their username and pass is "carried over" to the forum too.

Any advise on how this can be done?

Demo testing the software on my local machine (i have php and mysql installed on my win2k pro machine) it looks really good and runs really fast but final decision on if I should use this would depend on what responses i get from you guys as you are much more experienced in its code.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

So the signature text comes here right?
Re: Can i do this? [message #23950 is a reply to message #23948] Wed, 06 April 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You are in quite a bit of luck, in version 2.6.12 a script (forum_login.php) was added that implements external_fud_login() function that given a user id will log in the user into the forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Can i do this? [message #23952 is a reply to message #23948] Wed, 06 April 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked DAMN! Thr3e cheers for FUDFORUM! Surprised

What about the other 2 points though? is it easy to change the sites design and language?

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: Can i do this? [message #23954 is a reply to message #23952] Wed, 06 April 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
FUDforum has a swedish translation, to change the language simply go to the theme manager and change the language (or do it during installation). Updating the translation is very simple, just edit the msg file inside the thm/default/i18n/swedish/msg.

As far as layout goes, most of the colors etc... are CSS based and controled via a single template, forum.css.tmpl. There are also header.tmpl and footer.tmpl for bottom and top elements of the page.
All other layout elements are also templetable and can be control by the individual template files available for those page. However most people can make their customization via forum.css.tmpl, header.tmpl and footer.tmpl

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Can i do this? [message #23961 is a reply to message #23948] Wed, 06 April 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You guys seem to have thought of everything!
Plus its open source!

Two last questions;

1. I was just told that this will have to be put into a frames based site, the forum will be on the lower frame and the general site navigation on the top...do you see any problems?

2. Once I start using the forum "live" I think I would like to make a donation to one of the most perfect pre-made solutions for one of my projects, this has saved me so much time and effort, where can i send a donation? I am not a rich guy but I would like to show my appreciation.

Thanks,
Ryan

Re : Re: Can i do this? [message #23962 is a reply to message #23961] Wed, 06 April 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DogManStar is currently offline  DogManStar   France
ryana a écrit le mer, 06 avril 2005 13:09

2. Once I start using the forum "live" I think I would like to make a donation to one of the most perfect pre-made solutions for one of my projects, this has saved me so much time and effort, where can i send a donation? I am not a rich guy but I would like to show my appreciation.

Thanks,
Ryan

You can find a link in his signature :
paypal

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die.
Re: Can i do this? [message #23964 is a reply to message #23948] Wed, 06 April 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool! thanks! Smile
Now gotta just wait for question 1 to be answered so i can start tinkering with the existing site and adding this!

Cheers,
Ryan

Re: Can i do this? [message #23965 is a reply to message #23961] Wed, 06 April 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
there is no problem when the forum is placed inside a frame.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Can i do this? [message #23966 is a reply to message #23948] Wed, 06 April 2005 12:34 Go to previous message
Cool, thanks! Surprised
No more questions for now, will be back after i intergrate it into the site.

Cheers,
Ryan

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: POLL: HOW MUCH DID U GET BACK ON TAXES?
Next Topic: 'http://'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jun 09 07:54:59 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04741 seconds