FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » I faied to installed when the server do not allow creat .htaccess file
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
I faied to installed when the server do not allow creat .htaccess file [message #24624] Sat, 07 May 2005 07:09 Go to next message
nectar2 is currently offline  nectar2   China
I downloaded FUDforum 2.6.12, and was going to installed at my free web hosting at e2uhosting.com(http://tzjjgl.e2u.cc), but I faied.

FUDforum installer told me that e2uhosting had installed PHP 5.0+ and in a safe modle. I did as installer's advise, but still did not work. Because,'Couldn't open /home/vhosts/tzjjgl.e2u.cc/forum/cache/.htaccess for write'. And it the support forum on e2uhosting, John(administraotr) said 'You can't upload .(dot) files. We are using them for the ads on your site.'

What should I try more?
Re: I faied to installed when the server do not allow creat .htaccess file [message #24636 is a reply to message #24624] Sat, 07 May 2005 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I've added a special hack for systems where write access to .htaccess is denied. This will be available in the next release.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: I faied to installed when the server do not allow creat .htaccess file [message #24637 is a reply to message #24624] Sat, 07 May 2005 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I can see:

'Here goes the 2nd release candidate for 2.6.13, the number of changes is fairly small, so I anticipate that the next release will be the 2.6.13 final.
Changes:
Corrected forum name reference on French & Italian translations.'

The vhost Administraotr advise me have a test to'use empty index.html instead of .htaccess'.

I will have a test install FUDforum_zl_2-6-13RC2.tar.bz2.

Thanks for your time.

Re: I faied to installed when the server do not allow creat .htaccess file [message #24638 is a reply to message #24637] Sat, 07 May 2005 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
No no, it'll be fixed in the NEXT release, which will either be RC3 or the final 2.6.13

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: I faied to installed when the server do not allow creat .htaccess file [message #24640 is a reply to message #24638] Sat, 07 May 2005 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Sun, 08 May 2005 00:17

No no, it'll be fixed in the NEXT release, which will either be RC3 or the final 2.6.13

Razz 'no'='no to place empty index.html instead of .htaccess'?
'no'='no to install 2.6.13RC2 to have a test on a server which can not creat .htaccess file by user'?
Re: I faied to installed when the server do not allow creat .htaccess file [message #24642 is a reply to message #24640] Sat, 07 May 2005 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
just wait for the next release.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: I faied to installed when the server do not allow creat .htaccess file [message #24643 is a reply to message #24624] Sat, 07 May 2005 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, but...

When you go for your coffee or others, I had tested to install 1.6.12R2 on the visual host. But failed Very Happy

Stop at 'Step 2 of 5', said 'FATAL ERROR: your MySQL account does not have permissions to create temporary tables.
Enable this functionality and restart the script.'

But MySQL account can be used to install phpBB (it is different betwen FUDforum and phpBB). Cool

Thank you for your words.
Re: I faied to installed when the server do not allow creat .htaccess file [message #24646 is a reply to message #24643] Sat, 07 May 2005 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
FUDforum requires temporary table to be available, either ask your admin to enable this functionality or use an alternate forum software.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: I faied to installed when the server do not allow creat .htaccess file [message #24647 is a reply to message #24624] Sat, 07 May 2005 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh...What about next release of FUDforum? Need temporary table to be available?

My Admin suggested me upload the installed FUDfourm to the server(if FUDforum works) after I succeed installed on my PC.

What about his idea?
Re: I faied to installed when the server do not allow creat .htaccess file [message #24648 is a reply to message #24647] Sat, 07 May 2005 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
It's not going to work, since when the forum tries to create temporary tables as part of it's operation this will fail and your forum will not work properly.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: I faied to installed when the server do not allow creat .htaccess file [message #24649 is a reply to message #24624] Sat, 07 May 2005 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forum tries to create temporary tables as part of it's operation?
not only create when first install? FUDforum's runing needs temporarty tables every time(oh, my English is poor, wish your can unterstand)? Embarassed
Re: I faied to installed when the server do not allow creat .htaccess file [message #24742 is a reply to message #24649] Thu, 12 May 2005 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Mexico
Administrator
Core Developer
It does not use them all the time, but for large topics it may use them to optimize the display of those topics.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: I faied to installed when the server do not allow creat .htaccess file [message #24848 is a reply to message #24624] Tue, 17 May 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I asked question that if my account database have the temporary table functionality on e2uhosting forum (my visual host supply).

And it ask me back, free accuont can only creat a database, and where is temportary table, my account database or other database.

and it seems that FUDforum doesn't support PHP5. I can see 'FUDforum 2.3 is an Open Source web forum released under the GPL license that is written in PHP 4 and can be used on virtually any operating system' on 'FUDforum 2 Documentation'.

link to my question on e2uhosting:
http://forums.e2uhosting.com/index.php?topic=174.0
Re: I faied to installed when the server do not allow creat .htaccess file [message #24855 is a reply to message #24848] Tue, 17 May 2005 14:25 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
FUDforum works fine on PHP 5.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Javascipt functions just don't work
Next Topic: Logo into forum's header
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 00:02:50 GMT 2024