FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Suggestion for phpBB converter
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Suggestion for phpBB converter [message #25261] Thu, 02 June 2005 19:10 Go to next message
Crimson is currently offline  Crimson   United States
I'm not entirely sure if the phpBB -> FUD Forum converter is developed "in-house" as it were, but there is a glaring flaw in it that I wanted to let you know about.

The forum-specific permissions called "Edit", "Delete" in phpBB refer to users being able to Edit or Delete their own posts. In FUD forum, they refer to everyone in the "Registered Users" global group being able to edit anyone else's posts. This caused quite a nightmare as users ran rampant making interesting edits to other people's posts last night.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know about that little circumstance in case you wanted to edit the conversion script. I am VERY impressed with FUD forum so far and I will be trying my hand at creating my own template for my site tonight. Smile
Re: Suggestion for phpBB converter [message #25284 is a reply to message #25261] Fri, 03 June 2005 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Thanks for the tip, the converter was adjusted to correspond with this information.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Suggestion for phpBB converter [message #26686 is a reply to message #25284] Wed, 03 August 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous   Australia
Call me stupid, but where is this conversion script located?
Re: Suggestion for phpBB converter [message #26687 is a reply to message #26686] Wed, 03 August 2005 04:06 Go to previous message
Anonymous   Australia
Sorry. Found it ^
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Limit image size of pictures in signatures
Next Topic: Limiting size of image file attachments
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 08:02:01 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02714 seconds