FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Error after updating my profile
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Error after updating my profile [message #25128] Thu, 26 May 2005 11:14 Go to next message
DogManStar is currently offline  DogManStar   France
Hi,
Since i upgraded my forum to 2.6.13 i have a little problem.
Each time i, or a member, want to update my profile, fudforum asks me for password.
Normal, but just after i have a problem with the rediection i think.
I have an error "impossible to reach this page", not a blank page.
The url is ...register.php
Before with 2.6.12 it was perfect.
Thanx
ps : i tested here without problem

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 May 2005 11:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Error after updating my profile [message #25130 is a reply to message #25128] Thu, 26 May 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Are you using a PATH_INFO based theme?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re : Re: Error after updating my profile [message #25131 is a reply to message #25130] Thu, 26 May 2005 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia a écrit le jeu, 26 mai 2005 12:04

Are you using a PATH_INFO based theme?

Hum i don't think so.
In the Theme Management i can read :
Name: default
Template Set: default
Language french
Locale: french
pSpell Language: fr [disable]

Very strange coz before upgrading to 2.6.13 i never saw this problem.
I can only test at this moment with IE (6 SP1) and Windows.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die.
Re: Re : Re: Error after updating my profile [message #25132 is a reply to message #25131] Thu, 26 May 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Do you have any customization on your forum, the reason I am asking is that if you don't see the same problem on this forum with the French theme, it would imply the problem is not forum related.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re : Re: Re : Re: Error after updating my profile [message #25133 is a reply to message #25132] Thu, 26 May 2005 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia a écrit le jeu, 26 mai 2005 12:43

Do you have any customization on your forum, the reason I am asking is that if you don't see the same problem on this forum with the French theme, it would imply the problem is not forum related.

I only put a banner at the top, but it was before upgrading.
BUT i have an other fudforum, 2.6.12, for testing on the SAME server and it works (updating my profile).
I don't change anything on my server just before upgrading.
For me something was wrong during the upgrading or i have a parameter (of my forum) who crashes this page.
I don't see any "debug info" in the admin page.

Re : Error after updating my profile [message #25134 is a reply to message #25128] Thu, 26 May 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Testing again i've seen (a great word for an event of 1/10s) "dns error" or something like that.
Strange Shocked

[Updated on: Thu, 26 May 2005 13:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Re : Error after updating my profile [message #25135 is a reply to message #25134] Thu, 26 May 2005 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
What is the URL in your browser's title bar? DNS error implies that your browser is unable to resolve the domain name to which you've been redirected.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re : Re: Re : Error after updating my profile [message #25136 is a reply to message #25135] Thu, 26 May 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia a écrit le jeu, 26 mai 2005 13:01

What is the URL in your browser's title bar? DNS error implies that your browser is unable to resolve the domain name to which you've been redirected.

One is :
http://www.mydomain.com/forums/index.php?t=register
I have an error, it stops here.
the other :
http://www.mydomain.com/area51/forum/index.php?t=uc&S=2c4c5025c56bf57f0 0ab88bbe6a44abd
No error.
Here i have :
http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=uc&
No error.

Crazy Surprised

Re: Re : Re: Re : Error after updating my profile [message #25138 is a reply to message #25136] Thu, 26 May 2005 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Not sure what to tell you, send me a link to the actual forum and access privs, so I can try to replicate the problem on the forum. Maybe seeing the error would give me some clues about it's source.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re : Error after updating my profile [message #25586 is a reply to message #25128] Tue, 14 June 2005 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you have time to see whait is the possible cause of this strange error?
Thanx

Re: Re : Error after updating my profile [message #25592 is a reply to message #25586] Tue, 14 June 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I logged in via specified account, updated profile, no error.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re : Error after updating my profile [message #25628 is a reply to message #25128] Wed, 15 June 2005 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To be honnest i don't understand how is it possible...
I check one hour ago and i still have a dns error. Shocked

Re: Re : Error after updating my profile [message #25629 is a reply to message #25628] Wed, 15 June 2005 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
DNS error means that the domain you are trying to access cannot be resolved. That can hardly be blaimed on the forum Razz

FUDforum Core Developer
Re : Re: Re : Error after updating my profile [message #25631 is a reply to message #25629] Wed, 15 June 2005 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia a écrit le mer, 15 juin 2005 20:49

DNS error means that the domain you are trying to access cannot be resolved. That can hardly be blaimed on the forum Razz

Yes i know but as i said, i have two forums one (2.6.12) is working well during updating, but the second (2.6.13) has a problem.
I hope to find a genius solution Very Happy

Re: Re : Re: Re : Error after updating my profile [message #25633 is a reply to message #25631] Wed, 15 June 2005 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Does the error occur when you 1st access the page or when you submit the form with changes?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Error after updating my profile [message #25651 is a reply to message #25633] Thu, 16 June 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia a écrit le mer, 15 juin 2005 23:29

Does the error occur when you 1st access the page or when you submit the form with changes?

When i submit the form for changes.
If i try the same with admin rights i have no problem.
I'll try to compare files between 2.6.12 and 2.6.13 and i hope to find differences who can cause this "wrong" url who causes a dns error.

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Error after updating my profile [message #25655 is a reply to message #25651] Thu, 16 June 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, the account you send me via PM was the admin account, perhaps that's why i didn't see the problem. Send me details for the regular account with which the problem can be replicated...

FUDforum Core Developer
Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Error after updating my profile [message #25656 is a reply to message #25655] Thu, 16 June 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia a écrit le jeu, 16 juin 2005 13:40

Well, the account you send me via PM was the admin account, perhaps that's why i didn't see the problem. Send me details for the regular account with which the problem can be replicated...

I think it's a confusion between me and an other member.
I never sent you an admin account.
I send you now by pm a normal login and paswd for my site.
Thanx

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Error after updating my profile [message #25658 is a reply to message #25656] Thu, 16 June 2005 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Ok, I can see the problem, looks like a PHP crash on the request...

FUDforum Core Developer
Error after updating my profile [message #25666 is a reply to message #25658] Thu, 16 June 2005 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for help.
As i say to you i'll update my php version to 4.3.11 this we.

Re : Error after updating my profile [message #25719 is a reply to message #25128] Sat, 18 June 2005 16:57 Go to previous message
You were right, as usual. Very Happy
I just update php to the last version (4.3.11) and now i have no error when i update my profile Very Happy
Thank you

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Consistency Check Errors
Next Topic: Bug in admin-- Privileged User List
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue May 28 23:26:37 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02761 seconds