FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Integrating with other php app
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Integrating with other php app [message #22506] Sat, 05 February 2005 12:41 Go to next message
aguarneri is currently offline  aguarneri   Italy
hi guys

just downloaded this forum php script 'cause i'd like to offer my site users an effective way to communciate each other. at a first glance, this php app seems to be great, even more than what i'm looking for perhaps. Shocked
in short: i do already have my own user master data in my php/mysql app, so i don't want my users to register and login twice...!
Is this documented somewhere? And, if not, how difficult this could be to implement in your opinion? Rolling Eyes
My idea would be to create two entries when a user registers in my site: one being in my own user tbl and the other with basic info in fudforum user tbl. Second step would be to automatically authenticate in fudforum whan passing from my app to fudforum.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx.

Ale
Re: Integrating with other php app [message #22512 is a reply to message #22506] Sat, 05 February 2005 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Check the user_login() function that will allow you to login a user into the forum. As far as sharing auth data, you can use FUDAPI to create/update users in the forum based on your existing user database.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Integrating with other php app [message #22942 is a reply to message #22512] Tue, 22 February 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
duncanshannon is currently offline  duncanshannon   United States
good info.

im looking to setup a site, and share/sync user info between wordpress, fudforum and Gallery.

this is a start!

thanks
Re: Integrating with other php app [message #25463 is a reply to message #22506] Wed, 08 June 2005 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Squeebee is currently offline  Squeebee   Canada
Did you ever get anywhere with Wordpress-FudForum integration?
Re: Integrating with other php app [message #25467 is a reply to message #25463] Thu, 09 June 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
duncanshannon is currently offline  duncanshannon   United States
nope Crying or Very Sad
Re: Integrating with other php app [message #25816 is a reply to message #25467] Wed, 22 June 2005 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
It should be possible to write a WordPress Plug-in to authenticate users against the FUDForum database.

Such a fudforum-authentication pluging can be based on one of these:

http://dev.wp-plugins.org/browser/http-authentication/trunk/
http://dev.wp-plugins.org/browser/imap-authentication/trunk/

If you guys are willing to help, we can work together to get the job done.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Integrating with other php app [message #25819 is a reply to message #25816] Wed, 22 June 2005 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can pretty much copy the code from the forum's user_login() function.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re : Integrating with other php app [message #25821 is a reply to message #22506] Wed, 22 June 2005 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DogManStar is currently offline  DogManStar   France
It could be great, or for webcalendar and gallery Very Happy

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die.
Re: Integrating with other php app [message #25938 is a reply to message #22506] Sat, 25 June 2005 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Squeebee is currently offline  Squeebee   Canada
I am very swamped for the moment, but I will see what I can whip up during my vacation in July.
Re: Integrating with other php app [message #38400 is a reply to message #25816] Thu, 02 August 2007 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tmuka is currently offline  tmuka   United States
naudefj wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 14:47

It should be possible to write a WordPress Plug-in to authenticate users against the FUDForum database.

Such a fudforum-authentication pluging can be based on one of these:

http://dev.wp-plugins.org/browser/http-authentication/trunk/
http://dev.wp-plugins.org/browser/imap-authentication/trunk/

If you guys are willing to help, we can work together to get the job done.

Best regards.

Frank

i'm after this same goal... has there been any progress? i'm no master of wordpress, and i'm new to FUDforum too... let's see what we can do!
Re: Integrating with other php app [message #38718 is a reply to message #22506] Thu, 23 August 2007 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, i'm slowly chipping away at this... I'm running into an issue with functions being declared multiple times since i'm drawing part of the FUDforum headers and footers with the wordpress funtions. I require_once('wp_config.php') the wordpress file in my GLOBALS.php so i can use the wordpress functions.

I have the plugin working to the point that i can login on the wordpress login page using my FUDforum credentials, and it logs me into the forum and wordpress.

I think the issue i'm running into now, is that i'm trying to include two scrips, both the

forum/scripts/forum_login.php
forum/scripts/fudapi.inc.php

Which must be internally including something twice. This happens when i view the forum pages that also include the wordpress wp-config.php so i can draw the headers...

The reason i'm using both, is that after i use forum_login.php to authenticate, i need to grab the user data so i can get the email address and create the user in wordpress.

$fud_user_info = fud_fetch_user($uid);

the specific error message is...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare fud_sql_error_handler() (previously declared in /var/www/vhosts/nacuso.org/subdomains/test/httpdocs/forum/scripts/forum_login.php:18) in /var/www/vhosts/nacuso.org/subdomains/test/httpdocs/forum/include/core.inc on line 143

any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached the wordpress plugin super-alpha.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 August 2007 14:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Integrating with other php app [message #38719 is a reply to message #22506] Thu, 23 August 2007 15:34 Go to previous message
ok, i seem to have fixed that specific error by changing the order of the includes in GLOBALS.php

i still cant include both scripts, but i'm working on it...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: A problem with forum alignment.
Next Topic: would re-installing the forum help?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jun 09 02:52:11 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02469 seconds