FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » how to change DB host when no access to admin because of db connexion error  () 2 Votes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
how to change DB host when no access to admin because of db connexion error [message #29101] Tue, 29 November 2005 23:45 Go to next message
matthieu_phpmv is currently offline  matthieu_phpmv   France
Hello

today my DB access have changed (the host becomes 'localhost'), and so the forums don't work anymore

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'Xxxxx' (Using password: YES) in /home/phpmyvis/www/forums/index.php on line 70

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/phpmyvis/www/forums/index.php on line 70

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/phpmyvis/www/forums/index.php on line 70

Fatal error: SQL Error has occurred, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log in /home/phpmyvis/www/forums/index.php on line 58

I don't have access to administration because of this error.
I can 't download and upload GLOBALS.php files because I don't have to right to do so (FTP rights not enough).

How can I do to edit the configuration?

I can't understand why, when there is such a problem, there is no possibility to log in and change DB config. For example, in phpmyvisites, I have set a super admin, his info are in a configuration file, and so he can log in even when the db is down. He can edit db properties.

I'm waiting for you Smile
Thank you in advance
Matthieu

http://www.phpmyvisites.net/

http://www.phpmyvisites.net/forums/
Re: how to change DB host when no access to admin because of db connexion error [message #29102 is a reply to message #29101] Tue, 29 November 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can write a little php script that will chmod GLOBALS.php 666 and then edit it to change the SQL configuration.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: how to change DB host when no access to admin because of db connexion error [message #29104 is a reply to message #29102] Wed, 30 November 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok I know actually, but that's not so much 'user friendly' Wink

That would be an interesting feature, but not so easy of you didn't think of it at the beginning of development.
Re: how to change DB host when no access to admin because of db connexion error [message #29105 is a reply to message #29104] Wed, 30 November 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Code for people who whants to chmod the GLOBALS.php file
To upload in /www/yourforumadmindirectory/chmod.php

<?php
if(chmod(dirname(__FILE__).'/include/GLOBALS.php', 0777)) print("ok"); else print("error");
?>
Re: how to change DB host when no access to admin because of db connexion error [message #29115 is a reply to message #29104] Wed, 30 November 2005 14:37 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
There is no way to auto-update your MySQL settings.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: bug in 2.7.3? Post message don't redirect to forum
Next Topic: Error - mass email
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 01:39:31 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02752 seconds