FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Enable forum always back to "No"
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Enable forum always back to "No" [message #29499] Sun, 25 December 2005 04:24 Go to next message
matthieu_phpmv is currently offline  matthieu_phpmv   France
Hello

I have moved from one server to another, copying all files, changing values in GLOBALS.php files to check the new server settings (paths).

All seem ok BUT when i Enable the forum in the admin, it seems to work. I click Set and arrive on the same admin page with Enabled set to "Yes" (looking in the source code i see the attribute selected to the field named "Yes" so it's ok).
BUT when I go one more time to the admin, it comes back to NO ! Isn't that strange?

Of course i still have the message on /forums/ "Maintenance blabla"

Edit: please not that it seems to have the same problems with all changes made in the config panel... always come back to the value before the change...

Any help is very appreciated! I can give you (Ilia)full access to my forum config
Thank you
Matthieu

[Updated on: Sun, 25 December 2005 04:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Enable forum always back to "No" [message #29511 is a reply to message #29499] Mon, 26 December 2005 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Sounds to me like you many multiple copies of GLOBALS.php when moving the forum. You need to make absolutely sure that GLOBALS.php inside forum's WWW_ROOT and WWW_ROOT/adm directories is a symlink to GLOBALS.php inside the include/ directory.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Enable forum always back to "No" [message #29600 is a reply to message #29511] Mon, 02 January 2006 22:19 Go to previous message
matthieu_phpmv is currently offline  matthieu_phpmv   France
Ilia...

Do you know you're perfect? !!!

Shocked Razz
thank you very much and happy new year

ps : a FAQ would be appreciated a lot for all these "sensible" and "rare" questions Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: RDF Feed causes the server to crash
Next Topic: fud_sql_error_handler() not defined for FUDAPI calls
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 03:05:29 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03031 seconds