FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Theme broken upon upgrade
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Theme broken upon upgrade [message #29621] Wed, 04 January 2006 11:32 Go to next message
Crimson is currently offline  Crimson   United States
I upgraded from 2.7.3RC1 to 2.7.4RC1 and I have lost my theme. The front page reverted back to the "default" theme, and when viewing actual threads, there seems to be no CSS at all so the page looks awful.

When I go to "Template Editor", the "Language" dropdown is not populated which prevents me from getting into the editor itself to check that my CSS changes are still even in there. I have the same problem on the "Message Editor" link.

Can you give me some advice? Thanks!
Re: Theme broken upon upgrade [message #29624 is a reply to message #29621] Wed, 04 January 2006 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The old theme was backed up into the .backup/ directory, you can restore it by backporting changes from the old version into the new.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Theme broken upon upgrade [message #29631 is a reply to message #29621] Wed, 04 January 2006 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, I restored the backup and rebuilt the theme... that worked. However, the "language" dropdown problem still remains which makes me not able to edit themes on the forum itself. This is merely an annoyance, though.
Re: Theme broken upon upgrade [message #29634 is a reply to message #29631] Thu, 05 January 2006 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you describe the problem please.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Theme broken upon upgrade [message #29636 is a reply to message #29621] Thu, 05 January 2006 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have attached a screen shot of the problem. The languages dropdown is not populated, which prevents me from submitting this form.
  • Attachment: fud.JPG
    (Size: 50.50KB, Downloaded 1172 times)
Re: Theme broken upon upgrade [message #29640 is a reply to message #29636] Thu, 05 January 2006 22:04 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
The language list is generated by making a list of directories inside thm/default/i18n/ path and only allowing directories that contain "msg" file in theme.

This is done via the
<?php
glob
($DATA_DIR.'/thm/default/i18n/*'GLOB_ONLYDIR|GLOB_NOSORT)
?>

call. Try running this code manually (replace DATA_DIR with actual path) and see what it returns to you.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: hacked or not? sometimes forumfiles are "unlocked"
Next Topic: data-storage - understanding problem
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 16:28:18 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02131 seconds