FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Can we patch FUDForum to prevent hacking into a site?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Can we patch FUDForum to prevent hacking into a site? [message #34547] Tue, 07 November 2006 01:37 Go to next message
WilliamBurns is currently offline  WilliamBurns   United States
I just looked at urchin reports on my website and I find keywords like "animal sex" and several other explicit nasties occupying the top of the report. I called my site host and they suggest that it is most likely that my discussion board has a flaw that permitted a hacker to place a file in my site's main public directory. I found the offending file, and removed it for the moment. I have version 2.6.4 of the forum, and I really can't upgrade to a newer version until I update my whole site to be larger, faster, etc. Is there anything I can do to block this sort of hacking?
Re: Can we patch FUDForum to prevent hacking into a site? [message #34571 is a reply to message #34547] Tue, 07 November 2006 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can disable user-uploaded avatars.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Can we patch FUDForum to prevent hacking into a site? [message #34574 is a reply to message #34571] Tue, 07 November 2006 17:47 Go to previous message
WilliamBurns is currently offline  WilliamBurns   United States
Hmmm. I had them disabled (requiring approval). A couple of months ago I got a request to approve a custom avatar. It is the only such request I have ever received. The submission appeared to be a red rectangle, so I approved it. That must have been when the file was slipped by me. Thank you so much for your prompt and helpful reply.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Login Error
Next Topic: Howto get the current user name?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 15:14:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03264 seconds