FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » ToolTips for formatting tools
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
ToolTips for formatting tools [message #3468] Mon, 24 June 2002 10:19 Go to next message
UserTom is currently offline  UserTom   United States
I would like to suggest making tooltips for the formatting tools. The bold and italic buttons are obvious, of course, but some of the others (like quote) aren't as obvious.

-Tom M
Re: ToolTips for formatting tools [message #3470 is a reply to message #3468] Mon, 24 June 2002 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
There are tooltips, the appear when FUDcode is enabled in the forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: ToolTips for formatting tools [message #3473 is a reply to message #3470] Mon, 24 June 2002 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FUDcode is active on this forum, but I don't see the tooltips when the cursor is over the formatting tools. I see them for smilies, though. Is this a bug? Sorry if I am being dense.

-Tom M
Re: ToolTips for formatting tools [message #3474 is a reply to message #3470] Mon, 24 June 2002 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry about the double post.

[Updated on: Mon, 24 June 2002 16:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ToolTips for formatting tools [message #3475 is a reply to message #3474] Mon, 24 June 2002 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I just checked and the buttons appear to me just fine.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: ToolTips for formatting tools [message #3476 is a reply to message #3468] Mon, 24 June 2002 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
???
I've tried it on two computers, both running IE 5.5. I don't see 'em.

Anyone else not seeing the tooltips for the formatting tools?

-Tom M
Re: ToolTips for formatting tools [message #3477 is a reply to message #3476] Mon, 24 June 2002 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
D'oh.... I am a moron...

Yes, it is true, I for some reason thought that you were not seeing the actual buttons not their tooltips.

There is actually a reason why there are no tooltips, all buttons with the exception of [code] and [quote] have recognizeable appearance and are simular to buttons with identical functionality in most text editors, email clients etc... Hence, I felt that there is no need to explain something people are alerady familiar with.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: ToolTips for formatting tools [message #3478 is a reply to message #3477] Mon, 24 June 2002 23:51 Go to previous message
Quote:

D'oh.... I am a moron...

If you are a moron, then I'm the pope.
Quote:

all buttons with the exception of "code" and "quote" have recognizeable appearance and are simular to buttons with identical functionality in most text editors, email clients etc...

Yeah, it would be dumb to put tooltips on the text editing buttons... I just felt that those last two buttons weren't the easiest to understand, especially wtih a 1280 x 1024 or higher monitor setting. Maybe tips on the last two?

You can always count on me for annoying suggestions, right? Rolling Eyes

-Tom M
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Option to show real names
Next Topic: User can specify font size in profile
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 05:17:10 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02267 seconds