FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Customising The Quote Box (Where To Look?)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Customising The Quote Box [message #37353] Sun, 20 May 2007 18:32 Go to next message
Dustin Kowalski is currently offline  Dustin Kowalski   Germany
Hi everyone.

I messed around with my quote box. I've changed the CSS to alter the appearance.

However, I can't find anywhere to change the style used in the "Someone wrote on ... "

index.php?t=getfile&id=3201&private=0

Simply, I'd like to reduce the size and colour of that particular font. I can't find anything like that on the CSS though, and I've looked through post_proc.tmpl.

Where would I find this info, please? I've tried amending post_html_quote_start_p1 from " <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText"><b> " to " <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td font-color="#006699"> " but it didn't seem to have affect.

Might this be because I have FUD enabled, and this code is only HTML? If so, what do I change?

Secondly, I like there to be an indent before the name of the person. I supposed the best way to do that is to add " " at the beginning of post_html_quote_start so that it now reads " " "{TEMPLATE: post_html_quote_start_p1}{VAR: parms}{TEMPLATE: post_html_quote_start_p2} ", but this hasn't worked again, once more I assume because I have FUD code enabled.
  • Attachment: quote.gif
    (Size: 17.44KB, Downloaded 907 times)

[Updated on: Sun, 20 May 2007 19:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Customising The Quote Box [message #37363 is a reply to message #37353] Mon, 21 May 2007 17:05 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
You were looking at the right place.

You need to edit post_html_quote_start_p1 and add your styling to the <td> tag at the end of that template block. Once you do that, rebuild the theme to have your changes take effect.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Index table corrupted, no posts showing
Next Topic: Quick group management
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 08 23:47:36 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02593 seconds