FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Stop My New Quote Formatting Causing A Mess (Every Time People Want To Quote)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Stop My New Quote Formatting Causing A Mess [message #39562] Wed, 07 November 2007 00:18 Go to next message
Dustin Kowalski is currently offline  Dustin Kowalski   United Kingdom
I'm really not sure why there should be a problem here.

I amended my CSS so that there would be a top part of a quote box in one of my templates.

index.php?t=getfile&id=3888&private=0

The problem is that whenever there's a person quoting someone who's using a different template, what you see in the message box ceases to be the QUOTE tags, but rather some different HTML of the other person's quote formatting:

[ quote title=Radio~! wrote on Tue, 06 November 2007 22:33]<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Tim wrote on Tue, 06 November 2007 20:07</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Mankas nur la akuzativo e la vortfinaoj.</td></tr></table>

Pro tio mi pardonpetas! Mi faris la eraron cxar mi unue skribis "pasis ses tagoj" kaj poste sxangxis tiun vorton al dauxris kaj forgesis ke mi devintus sxangxi ankaux la finajxojn Embarassed[/quote ]

(Ignore the spaces in the QUOTE tags.)

Is there any way to prevent this from happening, or do I have to ditch the top bar that I have on my new template?
  • Attachment: quote.jpg
    (Size: 29.54KB, Downloaded 855 times)
Re: Stop My New Quote Formatting Causing A Mess [message #39563 is a reply to message #39562] Wed, 07 November 2007 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to make sure that the quote parser that decodes HTML back to the quote tag supports your new syntax.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Stop My New Quote Formatting Causing A Mess [message #39566 is a reply to message #39562] Wed, 07 November 2007 11:19 Go to previous message
Dustin Kowalski is currently offline  Dustin Kowalski   United Kingdom
OK, I don't have a clue what that means. I would've thought that it works fine, seeing as the formatting works perfectly when displaying and it's all regular changes to CSS.

I guess I'll just have to drop the new formatting, which is frustrating.

Thanks for answering anyway, even if I didn't really understand what you said, or how I'm supposed to resolve the issue.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Changing email addresses of users
Next Topic: Scaling FUDforum
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 08 20:13:09 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02449 seconds