FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Most stable/functional version?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Most stable/functional version? [message #4777] Wed, 07 August 2002 07:00 Go to next message
MrDigory is currently offline  MrDigory   United States
Hello. Following a link from another forum, I looked this software up in google and found this site/community.
Neeless to say, I like it alot (But the default style has GOT TO GO-no offense meant).

It blesses my heart to see so much advancing of the script, just by looking at the different downloads and announcements...but with the abundance of versions...I arrive at a problem:

Which version would be concidered the most stable/functional version to use as a full on board intedned for public use?
Oh, and thanks in advance.
Jim
Re: Most stable/functional version? [message #4780 is a reply to message #4777] Wed, 07 August 2002 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The default style will most likely stay until something better becomes avaliable, when that happens, I do not know.

FUDforum 2.2.3 is pretty stable, however it does not have some of the more recent functionality when compared to FUDforum 2.2.5 (dev).
So, unless you need the bleeding edge features install 2.2.3 and then upgrade to 2.3.0 once that release comes out.

FUDforum Core Developer

[Updated on: Wed, 07 August 2002 11:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Most stable/functional version? [message #4806 is a reply to message #4777] Wed, 07 August 2002 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MrDigory is currently offline  MrDigory   United States
Thank you very much.
Re: Most stable/functional version? [message #4816 is a reply to message #4777] Wed, 07 August 2002 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
esm2002 is currently offline  esm2002   United States
I agree with the prottoss. go with the official version. The release candidates (RC) are generally ok but the mechanism to update them to a later RC I think requires this CVS thing which, at best, for us users is very technical - I don't think they have upgrade scripts from one release candidate to the next. But these guys work very hard to make the RC work at your site.

But upgrades from one offical version to the next are very good and if you do have a problem they are quick to fix it.

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Re: Most stable/functional version? [message #4817 is a reply to message #4816] Wed, 07 August 2002 22:06 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Actually, development snapshots are avaliable from the download page, when a certain milestone is reached.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: The localisation could be much faster if ...
Next Topic: Alot of Queries
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 14:10:12 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02320 seconds