FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Iam quite a newbie and have step 2 installation issues...
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Iam quite a newbie and have step 2 installation issues... [message #5168] Thu, 22 August 2002 18:05 Go to next message
theRazoR is currently offline  theRazoR   Argentina
I have a problem with the database , where I put the name of the database where the forum will be stored.
What do I have to put in there? can anyone give me an example please? Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I get this error mesagge

Failed to create table fud_users.tbl (DROP TABLE IF EXISTS fud21_users), SQL Reason: No Database Selected

[Updated on: Thu, 22 August 2002 19:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: I´m a newbie and have step 2 installation issues... [message #5169 is a reply to message #5168] Thu, 22 August 2002 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
During the installation wizard, on step #2 you are asked to enter a database name as well as other database information.

Look @ the manual for detailed explanation of each option, if you find instructions on the install script insufficient.

FUDforum Core Developer

[Updated on: Thu, 22 August 2002 18:37]

Re: Iam quite a newbie and have step 2 installation issues... [message #5175 is a reply to message #5168] Thu, 22 August 2002 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is all that the manual says...
Database Name
The name of the database, where the forum's data will be stored.

and that did't help me much
Re: Iam quite a newbie and have step 2 installation issues... [message #5177 is a reply to message #5175] Thu, 22 August 2002 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, that's pretty obvious no? You enter the name of the database inside the 'Database Name' option.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Iam quite a newbie and have step 2 installation issues... [message #5228 is a reply to message #5177] Fri, 23 August 2002 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Thu, 22 August 2002 15:09

Well, that's pretty obvious no? You enter the name of the database inside the 'Database Name' option.

I know it is preety obvious to YOU but not for me, so if u think I'm asking a stupid question, DON't answer it, If it would seem preety obvious for me, I would't have asked for help, so please, give me an example of what should I put in there or, don't answer, because I don't care how obvious it seems to you

[Updated on: Fri, 23 August 2002 22:58]

Re: Iam quite a newbie and have step 2 installation issues... [message #5229 is a reply to message #5177] Fri, 23 August 2002 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
perfunctory_masturbation is currently offline  perfunctory_masturbation   United States
What you need to do is to make a database in mysql or postgresql, you can call it 'forum' or whatever you like, and make sure that it doesn't have any tables in it. Then run the php install script. When it asks for database name just type in the name of the database you made.
Re: Iam quite a newbie and have step 2 installation issues... [message #5251 is a reply to message #5168] Sat, 24 August 2002 19:17 Go to previous message
THANX!!!! that was all I needed.

Thank YOU!!

PS: I don't need furder help for now, so, If any moderator want to delete this post...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Fatal Error in step 2 during install
Next Topic: install rc4 create table error
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 13:30:55 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03184 seconds