FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » Adding forums to pre-existing search engine
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon1.gif  Adding forums to pre-existing search engine [message #5637] Wed, 11 September 2002 02:51 Go to next message
kewlguy is currently offline  kewlguy   United States
I have added the forum to my site and have a search engine I was using previously. I would like to add the forum messages to the search engine and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to look or how to go about this. If I just added the folder that the messages are stored in to the search database would it be able to find threads? And also, how could I link to them. The search engine would probably just find the messages themselves and that wouldn't be able to be opened. If anyone has any advice let me know. I am running Linux/Apache 1.3.6/PHP4.22/MySQL 3.x and FUDForum 2.3.0 Stable. Thanks in advance!
Re: Adding forums to pre-existing search engine [message #5641 is a reply to message #5637] Wed, 11 September 2002 14:58 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
No, the folder where messsage bodies are stored contains only 2 text files 1 for normal messages & one for private messages. The text file has no visible seperators or message identifiers since the data is read in using offsets stores in the database.

If you want to make the messages searcheable, write a simple script that would run a query of the message table fetch the message id, subject offset and length. Then read the message body, and insert the subject & message body as references and the message id as key into your search engine.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: cut body in search page
Next Topic: More Information for registration
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 11:02:07 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14047 seconds