FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » My webhost has suspended my account
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
My webhost has suspended my account [message #5721] Sun, 15 September 2002 23:01 Go to next message
Mezzers is currently offline  Mezzers   United Kingdom
The MySQL problem crept in again this afternoon. Although I believed by then it was in fact a problem with my host's MySQL server and reported it, I received an e-mail from them this evening saying that the fault was due to SQL code being run from my account and it was impacting other users. I've now been suspended, and some heavy dudes in management will decide at some point whether or not they'll reopen my account.

I wish I knew what caused the problem, but as I said, I'm no techie. I didn't do anything to the FUDforum code. All I know is I'm most unhappy with how my host is handling this. Crying or Very Sad

Mez
Re: My webhost has suspended my account [message #5726 is a reply to message #5721] Mon, 16 September 2002 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
FUDforum is being used by a fairly significant number of people and the problem you've described has never come up. FUDforum is not known for causing excessive MySQL load, especially not in small brand new forums.
I suspect a misconfiguration of some kind on the behalf of your provider is at fault here.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon14.gif  Sorry if I gave the wrong impression [message #5731 is a reply to message #5726] Tue, 17 September 2002 00:26 Go to previous message
Mezzers is currently offline  Mezzers   United Kingdom
Prottoss, I agree with you completely -- my host has a problem somewhere in their config. The particular server in question has been having problems for months...long before I signed up for an account.

Just to be clear, I'd like to point out to whomever else might be reading this thread that they should have no reservations about using FUDforum. A lot can be learned about a piece of software just by checking out its support forum -- how stable it is, what problems people might be having with it, etc., never mind what sort of messages get posted (a badly managed support forum should be a red flag to all!). Reading here beforehand is what made me decide to download FUDforum. I was not the least disappointed with the support provided to me, or the results, which were so promising that I plan on getting webspace from another provider as soon as my husband and I finish our move to the US, just so I can use this forum as part of my website.

I'll be back! Very Happy

Mez
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Looks great from the inside, bad from outside
Next Topic: Progrmas running install.php scrips
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 11:02:18 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02408 seconds