FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Moving the forum of Host...
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon1.gif  Moving the forum of Host... [message #349] Wed, 06 February 2002 18:56 Go to next message
vice_squad is currently offline  vice_squad   Portugal
Hi, I have the forum is running on my Pc( http://ps2forum.pt.vu )... but i want to move the forum to another host... the question is not simple, and my english does not help Confused ... Well, my PC is running sendmail, the future host is running qmail, other problem is move the forum whit all the posts, i dont want to lose anything... I want to know whitch the best way of moving the forum, instaling the forum on the new host and transfer the database only? The backup of the posts and files are kept on database only or... please give me aguide to transfer the forum... Smile

cumps, vice_squad.
Re: Moving the forum of Host... [message #350 is a reply to message #349] Wed, 06 February 2002 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
vice_squad wrote on Wed, 06 February 2002 1:56 PM

Hi, I have the forum is running on my Pc( http://ps2forum.pt.vu )... but i want to move the forum to another host... the question is not simple, and my english does not help Confused ... Well, my PC is running sendmail, the future host is running qmail, other problem is move the forum whit all the posts, i dont want to lose anything... I want to know whitch the best way of moving the forum, instaling the forum on the new host and transfer the database only? The backup of the posts and files are kept on database only or... please give me aguide to transfer the forum... Smile

cumps, vice_squad.

You need to do two things:

1. Back up MySQL database
    using mysqldump command
  2. Backup forum data and user files more precicely the (files,messages,settings and user_settings) directories.

After you move to the new host you may need to modify GLOBALS.php file to accomodate for your new file paths as well as new mysql settings.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Moving the forum of Host... [message #608 is a reply to message #349] Tue, 19 February 2002 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, I start moving the forum today... but I think move the forum on this way:

...I have started whith v1.0, and I made all updades, the forum is now on v1.2...

1- I have transfer to the new host the new full version of the forum v1.2, and i have the "forum_install" directory in my new home directory.

2- I will move mySQL datadase to the new host

3- Install the FUDforum v1.2 on my new "public html" using install.php

4- move to the new host the OLD board data files(files,messages,settings and user_settings)

if I made this the forum will work, and whit the all data from the old forum hosting on the another host?

thks, andre'.

ps: sorry my english, they sucks...
Re: Moving the forum of Host... [message #613 is a reply to message #608] Tue, 19 February 2002 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hackie is currently offline  hackie   Canada
Core Developer

vice_squad wrote on Tue, 19 February 2002 11:16 PM

ok, I start moving the forum today... but I think move the forum on this way:

...I have started whith v1.0, and I made all updades, the forum is now on v1.2...

1- I have transfer to the new host the new full version of the forum v1.2, and i have the "forum_install" directory in my new home directory.

2- I will move mySQL datadase to the new host

3- Install the FUDforum v1.2 on my new "public html" using install.php

4- move to the new host the OLD board data files(files,messages,settings and user_settings)

if I made this the forum will work, and whit the all data from the old forum hosting on the another host?

thks, andre'.

ps: sorry my english, they sucks...

The forum_install directory is not really needed, it contains the installation files, but once that is finished you can delete it.

What you need to move are as follows:

You simply need to move your www docs directory which contains all the .php files and the adm and styles directory's.

And you need to move your forum data directory which contains the (files,messages,settings and user_settings)

Once you move them you need to remove the GLOBALS.php symlink from your docs directory and adm directories and remake them using a command like this

(go to your new docs dir where you put all the files from the old docs dir)
cd /home/newhost/www/public_html
rm GLOBALS.php
ln -s /home/newhost/forum_data_dir/include/GLOBALS.php
cd adm
rm GLOBALS.php
ln -s /home/newhost/forum_data_dir/include/GLOBALS.php

then update GLOBALS.php inside your forum_data_dir/include/ to reflect the new path's, and possibly new MySQL settings. After that import the MySQL data and it should work, if it doesn't, we'll we're always here to provide help Smile

cc intelligence.c -o intelligence
$ ./intelligence
Segmentation fault
Re: Moving the forum of Host... [message #639 is a reply to message #349] Wed, 20 February 2002 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another thing, the OLD HOST are running sendmail, but the new host is running qmail... I have to change the e-mail system configuration?

thks, andre'.
Re: Moving the forum of Host... [message #640 is a reply to message #639] Wed, 20 February 2002 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FragBait is currently offline  FragBait   United States

Hi,
I'm running this with qmail.. just switched from postfix and sendmail before that..

This software doesn't care and doesn't have anything to do with mail configuration... it's just a mail user.

It runs just fine with qmail right out of the box.

Mark

[Updated on: Wed, 20 February 2002 11:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Moving the forum of Host... [message #642 is a reply to message #349] Wed, 20 February 2002 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
FUDforum uses PHP's mail() function, so if your php install can send email, FUDforum will have no problems doing so either.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Moving the forum of Host... [message #723 is a reply to message #349] Sun, 24 February 2002 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, i have edited the GLOBALS.php... when I try to open the page, gives the follwing error:

Warning: Failed opening 'GLOBALS.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:./include:../include:../../include') in /usr/home/vice_squad/public_html/board/index.php on line 23

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: fud_use() in /usr/home/vice_squad/public_html/board/index.php on line 25

thks, andre'.
Re: Moving the forum of Host... [message #724 is a reply to message #723] Sun, 24 February 2002 20:05 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
vice_squad wrote on Sun, 24 February 2002 2:34 PM

Ok, i have edited the GLOBALS.php... when I try to open the page, gives the follwing error:

Warning: Failed opening 'GLOBALS.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:./include:../include:../../include') in /usr/home/vice_squad/public_html/board/index.php on line 23

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: fud_use() in /usr/home/vice_squad/public_html/board/index.php on line 25

thks, andre'.

do you have a symlink to GLOBALS.php inside your /usr/home/vice_squad/public_html/board/index.php directory?

If you have a FILE GLOBALS.php delete it and make it a symlink to GLOBALS.php inside your include directory.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: installed 1.2 update but still says 1.1.1
Next Topic: Disable Post Icons?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 02:23:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03839 seconds