FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Forum 1.2 installation error
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Forum 1.2 installation error [message #669] Fri, 22 February 2002 02:43 Go to next message
zerobits is currently offline  zerobits   Singapore
After I successfully install the forum, at the last step where it was going to bring me to the admin page, i encountered this error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: fud_use() in /home/xxx/www/forum/login.php on line 26

Can someone tell what is wrong?
Re: Forum 1.2 installation error [message #670 is a reply to message #669] Fri, 22 February 2002 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
zerobits wrote on Thu, 21 February 2002 9:43 PM

After I successfully install the forum, at the last step where it was going to bring me to the admin page, i encountered this error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: fud_use() in /home/xxx/www/forum/login.php on line 26

Could you show me what you GLOBALS.php file says?

Did you encounter any warning error messages while installing?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Forum 1.2 installation error [message #671 is a reply to message #669] Fri, 22 February 2002 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hackie is currently offline  hackie   Canada
Core Developer

zerobits wrote on Fri, 22 February 2002 11:43 AM

Err.. unusual.... well, we'll fix it right up Smile... that, meet us on irc please

irc.openprojects.net
#fudforum

we'll both be there, me and r00t Razz

cc intelligence.c -o intelligence
$ ./intelligence
Segmentation fault
Re: Forum 1.2 installation error [message #679 is a reply to message #669] Fri, 22 February 2002 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zerobits is currently offline  zerobits   Singapore
content of the globals.php

<?php include_once "/home/xxx/www/forum/include/GLOBALS.php"; ?>
Re: Forum 1.2 installation error [message #700 is a reply to message #679] Sat, 23 February 2002 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zerobits is currently offline  zerobits   United Kingdom
I installed 1.2.1, but at step 3/5 i got the following error.

Warning: fopen("/home/xxx/www/forum/adm/GLOBALS.php", "wb") - No such file or directory in /home/xxx/www/forum/install.php on line 175

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/xxx/www/forum/install.php on line 176

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/xxx/www/forum/install.php on line 177

CAn you also don't install files with "nobody" permission, as everytime when i need to re-install, i don't have the permission rights. IS that necessary?
Re: Forum 1.2 installation error [message #702 is a reply to message #700] Sat, 23 February 2002 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
zerobits wrote on Sat, 23 February 2002 5:06 PM

I installed 1.2.1, but at step 3/5 i got the following error.

Warning: fopen("/home/xxx/www/forum/adm/GLOBALS.php", "wb") - No such file or directory in /home/xxx/www/forum/install.php on line 175

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/xxx/www/forum/install.php on line 176

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/xxx/www/forum/install.php on line 177

CAn you also don't install files with "nobody" permission, as everytime when i need to re-install, i don't have the permission rights. IS that necessary?

Were you doing a clean install or installing over an existing install?

Since it is the webserver which runs the install the files can only be owned by it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Forum 1.2 installation error [message #704 is a reply to message #702] Sat, 23 February 2002 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zerobits is currently offline  zerobits   United Kingdom
clean install. Confused Razz
Re: Forum 1.2 installation error [message #705 is a reply to message #704] Sat, 23 February 2002 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
zerobits wrote on Sat, 23 February 2002 5:13 PM

clean install. Confused Razz

This is a UNIX (linux,bsd,etc...) box right?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Forum 1.2 installation error [message #706 is a reply to message #669] Sat, 23 February 2002 22:21 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Okie... meet me on IRC and I'll guide you through the install step by step.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: install.php and register_globals
Next Topic: installed 1.2 update but still says 1.1.1
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 17:13:52 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05060 seconds