FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » The image is uploaded (I think) but I cannot see it
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
The image is uploaded (I think) but I cannot see it [message #7193] Mon, 11 November 2002 08:26 Go to next message
CyberGuy is currently offline  CyberGuy   United States
Hi there,

I am having a little trouble.

I have /board/files/ chmod to 777 and this is where the attachment should be but I don't see any files in there after I upload the image. After I upload the image, I did see that it says the following:

Quote:

michelin.jpg 24.33KB Delete | Insert image into message body

But when I click on the link "Insert image into message body" and after I view my post, I don't see it anywhere. All I see is the broken image.

What happened?
Re: The image is uploaded (I think) but I cannot see it [message #7195 is a reply to message #7193] Mon, 11 November 2002 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
What are the permissions of the uploaded file?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: The image is uploaded (I think) but I cannot see it [message #7203 is a reply to message #7195] Mon, 11 November 2002 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
When u upload a file with the filemanager it will be set to 600 as default. This would be ok as long as the server owns the files however when php is running as cgi the server will never take ownership of those files. hence chmod 600 means the server has no access which will result in that broken image u can see. The workaround is to pick up the file in the filemanger and chmod it to at least 644 so the server can read it again
bye
Olliver
Re: The image is uploaded (I think) but I cannot see it [message #7213 is a reply to message #7193] Tue, 12 November 2002 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CyberGuy is currently offline  CyberGuy   United States
I don't understand what you are saying. I have already chmod the /board/files/ to 777

What I mean is the file folder is already chmod to 777 and the attached images should be in that folder but I don't see anything in there after I have upload the image. In the admin control panel, I have set the /board/files/ to be where the upload stuffs will be at but there is nothing there. That is strange.
Re: The image is uploaded (I think) but I cannot see it [message #7215 is a reply to message #7213] Tue, 12 November 2002 09:32 Go to previous message
Olliver   Germany
ok. put it simple:

-find that image file u uploaded
-check both permissions and ownership of that file
-compare ur result with an image file u can see
-check the mode php is running (cgi, module, safe-mode...)
-now u should know what went wrong and why
=> fix it.

If anything else should fail ask Google or RTFM
bye
Olliver
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: limiting access to registration page....
Next Topic: changing "home" link
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 01 23:31:39 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02102 seconds