FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Cookie login?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Cookie login? [message #7692] Wed, 11 December 2002 15:39 Go to next message
rockvilleguy is currently offline  rockvilleguy   United States
I just configured cookies for my forum and it seems to work but there's one small problem. When cookies were off, you had to log in every time and when you clicked the login button, you went straight to the main forum page listing the forums and all that. It was great. Now I turned cookies on, left the "path" at / since my forum is just at mydomain.domain.com/. When I visit my forum now, I click the login link, and am automatically logged in. That's perfect. However, when that happens the page I'm sent to is my profile settings page which is not what I expected and is confusing users. How do I get it to send you to the main page after logging in with cookies enabled?? Thanks! I love Fudforum btw!
Re: Cookie login? [message #7698 is a reply to message #7692] Wed, 11 December 2002 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The login form redirects you to the previous page were on, so if you were on the profile page & clicked login you'll be redirected back to the profile. If the previous page is not that of the forum or is not avaliable you get redirected back to the front page.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Cookie login? [message #7699 is a reply to message #7698] Wed, 11 December 2002 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really? I just tested that and was sent to the profile page. I dove down into a topic and opened a thread, then closed that browser window, opened a new one, went to my forum by just typing the URL, clicked login, and there was the profile page... does it have to time out first once I leave to work as you described?
Re: Cookie login? [message #7700 is a reply to message #7698] Wed, 11 December 2002 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I believe I see what's going on... my forum exists on a domain so it's accessible by just typing in it's name like http://name as well as the fully qualified name like http://name.domain.com. The cookie is set up for name.domain.com and works when I browse to the forum that way, however, when I just type http://name, I'm not automatically logged in (have to click login) and then I get logged in but am thrown to the profile page for some reason... at least that's how it looks so far.
Re: Cookie login? [message #7701 is a reply to message #7700] Wed, 11 December 2002 18:04 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Cookie cannot be set on 'name', so you got nsome issues due to that.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Add topic and Preview Topic error.
Next Topic: IP Addresses
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 04 07:34:56 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02436 seconds