FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » How to disable the message for users under age 13
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
How to disable the message for users under age 13 [message #829] Sat, 02 March 2002 15:19 Go to next message
etraas is currently offline  etraas   Netherlands
How can i disable or bypass this message ??
Re: How to disable the message for users under age 13 [message #832 is a reply to message #829] Sat, 02 March 2002 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
etraas wrote on Sat, 02 March 2002 10:19 AM

How can i disable or bypass this message ??

Inside the admin control panel (admglobal.php) you have the option called "Coppa" set that option to "Off" and the coppa messages will no longer appear.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How to disable the message for users under age 13 [message #834 is a reply to message #832] Sat, 02 March 2002 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think this turns off the need of registration step once a user has made an account. The message of the 13 year still appears.

any more suggestions ??
Re: How to disable the message for users under age 13 [message #835 is a reply to message #834] Sat, 02 March 2002 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
etraas wrote on Sat, 02 March 2002 12:47 PM

I think this turns off the need of registration step once a user has made an account. The message of the 13 year still appears.

any more suggestions ??

The post registration step is something else, you can turn that off by setting the "Email Confirmation" option to off.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How to disable the message for users under age 13 [message #840 is a reply to message #829] Sat, 02 March 2002 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Coppa is turned off but i still get the message.

What could be wrong.

Try yhe board at http://www.hvv24.nl/forum
Re: How to disable the message for users under age 13 [message #858 is a reply to message #840] Sun, 03 March 2002 18:19 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Heh, there are 2 pre-registration steps:

1) The coppa, which is indeed disabled on the forum.
2) The forum rules, which cannot be disabled, this is what I am seeing when trying to register. You can change the message by going to admmessage and changing the "Forum Rules" message.

It is a pretty bad idea to disable this option, since this is where you inform people about forum policies and other legal mubo-jumbo so you won't get into hot water later on.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: problem with blank.gif
Next Topic: Problems registering new users
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 22:45:26 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02338 seconds