FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Single forum view
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Single forum view [message #8317] Tue, 21 January 2003 19:08 Go to next message
rockvilleguy is currently offline  rockvilleguy   United States
I don't know how common this configuration is, so it may or may not be worth doing this, but I think this would be kind of neat.

In my case and probably others, I run only 1 forum with several topics. I have it set so that users can't collapse the forum because it's the only one. But I still have to see that "*" next to my forum topic as well as the seperate Forum line with "Post Topics Moderator" headers. What if, in the case of only one forum, the title line and the "Forum" line were condensed into one line? So instead of:

Quote:

Forum Posts | Topics | Last Post | Moderator(s)
* MyForumName

You could just have:
Quote:

MyForumName Posts | Topics | Last Post | Moderator(s)

It just seems cleaner in the case of one forum and there's not all that empty space to the right of "MyForumName" on a line by itself.

[Updated on: Tue, 21 January 2003 19:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Single forum view [message #8321 is a reply to message #8317] Tue, 21 January 2003 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You have a rather specific situations, in most cases people do want an indicator to show that the forum cannot be collapsed.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Single forum view [message #8328 is a reply to message #8321] Wed, 22 January 2003 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The situation may be specific, but are you sure that it's that uncommon? In the case of a single forum, I don't see what reason someone could have for wanting to see via some kind of visual indicator on a seperate line (the * in this case) reaffirming the fact that the forum can't be collapsed...

I'm not saying that in the case of only one forum it shouldn't be collapsable (though I can't think of a reason you'd want that), just that it could still be rolled up into one line. The * could precede the name of the forum like it does now, and the headers could be on the same line. So like:

Quote:

* MyForumName Posts | Topics | Last Post | Moderator(s)

[Updated on: Wed, 22 January 2003 16:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Single forum view [message #8337 is a reply to message #8328] Wed, 22 January 2003 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I hardly see a problem that you see with a '*' beside the name, it does not cause harm in any way, why remove it?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Single forum view [message #8338 is a reply to message #8337] Wed, 22 January 2003 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's not the *, it's the fact that the current view is 2 lines with the lower line containing only the * and <forumname> and then a lot of blank. I was just wondering if it wouldn't look more clean were the 2 lines condensed into 1 line.
Re: Single forum view [message #8340 is a reply to message #8338] Wed, 22 January 2003 20:00 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
No.

The top line is the header it cannot be removed. The 2nd line contains the category name which is needed for obvious reasons.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: different rank names for different gender
Next Topic: The mystery of the quantum-FUDtimer
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Jun 03 21:44:53 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02792 seconds