FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Imported messages » comp.lang.php » PHP-SOAP/5.4.21 SoapClient terminating POST without waiting for reply, but still complaining "error fetching http headers".
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: PHP-SOAP/5.4.21 SoapClient terminating POST without waiting for reply, but still complaining "error fetching http headers". [message #185906 is a reply to message #185788] Wed, 14 May 2014 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ghpille is currently offline  ghpille
Op vrijdag 9 mei 2014 16:24:32 UTC+2 schreef ghp...@gmail.com:
> We have a problem with a specific soap request to one of our webservices, and my impression is that PHP is misbehaving on the TCP level. I'll show you a tcpdump of such session. Can anyone tell me what could be the reason for PHP to behave in this way, unless we've stumbled on a bug?
>
>
>
> Mark the FIN flag in the third packet, to which our HAProxy server reacts with three ReSeTs. The post never reaches the destination, which is understandable.

It turns out that the SoapClient is sending data on a half-closed connection. The server had earlier sent a FIN packet, that had been ACKnowledged by the client.

Now, from a TCP point of view, it is permissible to send data with of before your own FINish.

But POSTing something to which you're expecting a reply, on a half-closed connection?
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message